Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2021 9:45:02 AM EDT
Hello,

Is there a NTX chapter for the American pioneer corps? If not, I’d like to start one, but I don’t know where to begin. Any advice would be nice. Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Your hometown forum is a good place to start. Find a couple of like minded guys (or gals) and start hiking, hopefully grow from there.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Redbirdxx:
Your hometown forum is a good place to start. Find a couple of like minded guys (or gals) and start hiking, hopefully grow from there.
View Quote

This.  Also don't be afraid to post in other HTF as well.

If you need a body and I have the ability to I can join as well.

What part of NTX?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#3]
There was a fairly active DFW one, but everything fell apart when wuflu hit.

It’s probably been a year since we last met.

@RandyLahey01

We would do hikes in Flower Mound, Arlington, etc.  Mostly around Tarrant Co.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 9:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the replies. I’ve been goin out on my own for a few months now. I’ll start a thread in hometown. Thank you
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
@RandyLahey01

I just signed up with APC. Did you have any luck getting a group together?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:24:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyLahey01] [#6]
No. I got with Ben but I know he was really busy at the time I contacted him. Want to get started? I’m down to kick this back up. I know Lug had it going a few times a month before COVID. Feel free to PM me or let’s just post it up in home forum if you want to schedule something. If I’m not busy, I’ll be there.

ETA: I have unofficially been going on long walks with a heavy pack for a few months.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd down for posting in HTF. I am actually out towards Greenville, and will be pretty busy till probably the middle end of next month with work. After that should have a lot more free time to get involved more. Where have you been hitting the trails at?

I dont get over to the Dallas area very often, and then only if I really have to!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
@warsparrow in OK is another solid guy.  He's made it to several of our events.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I was organizing hikes for a while down in Waco. We had a small core group down here for a while. Haven't done it in a while because of a pregnant wife. Kids on the deck now, so hopefully more free time is on the way soon.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 1:59:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#10]
What part of North Texas like Amarillo or Dallas?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
What part of North Texas like Amarillo or Dallas?
View Quote
Dallas area
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I live in Terrell about 30 min east of Dallas but am interested in getting involved and getting to know more people in the area
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheTank140:
I live in Terrell about 30 min east of Dallas but am interested in getting involved and getting to know more people in the area
View Quote

I am in Prosper and second that. Wonder if we all can meet up. I am recent to Texas so do not know hiking spots but looking for kindred folks
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 7:25:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo] [#14]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

I am in Prosper and second that. Wonder if we all can meet up. I am recent to Texas so do not know hiking spots but looking for kindred folks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By belted_guns:
Originally Posted By TheTank140:

You’ll hear some good stories about VA Lobby Day. We got some great folks in the DFW group.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Anyone near Lamar County?

I did a 10k ruck by myself this weekend. Would be great to have friends to go with.

Link Posted: 11/26/2022 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Subscribed and interested as well

I'm in Dallas

I was interested in the 2023 warfighter challenge, but it requires past military service or current higher standing in the APC, so have to get started sometime
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By H4ppyB34r:
Subscribed and interested as well

I'm in Dallas

I was interested in the 2023 warfighter challenge, but it requires past military service or current higher standing in the APC, so have to get started sometime
View Quote

I’m in the south tip of Arlington, and am pretty much trapped in the area for now until I get enough funds to get a new car.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#18]
@TN-RN
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyLahey01] [#19]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandyLahey01] [#20]
Let’s do this. North Dallas folks PM for location if interested.

Saturday January 7th at 8AM

Please keep everything civil and chill. I am sure we will have people of different fitness levels and differing opinions on things. I’m hoping to get people active and get some fresh air. Bring a pack or do not, that’s fine by me. If you are not very fit, don’t bring a backpack, if you need to slow down, bring a heavy pack. Bring water and maybe a power bar. I think we should do a buddy system, paired by speeds, so that way faster people can move on up ahead without leaving a slower person behind. Bring appropriate clothing for outside weather and probably a shoe with a decent sole, this won’t be all pavement.

I’ll ask that only arfcom accounts join on this one. Friends of friends is not something I’m wanting to tackle right now. I’m fine with family coming along though.

See you there.

@Lug1
@belted_guns

@H4ppyB34r

@SirSqueeboo how’s the ride situation?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H4ppyB34r] [#21]
I'll be back in town by then, I'm in

Just received your PM. System says your inbox is full

I'll ping a few guys too

@NoMoAMMO
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]
My apologies. I made room in the inbox.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:

Please keep everything civil and chill. I am sure we will have people of different fitness levels and differing opinions on things. I’m hoping to get people active and get some fresh air. Bring a pack or do not, that’s fine by me. If you are not very fit, don’t bring a backpack, if you need to slow down, bring a heavy pack. Bring water and maybe a power bar. I think we should do a buddy system, paired by speeds, so that way faster people can move on up ahead without leaving a slower person behind. Bring appropriate clothing for outside weather and probably a shoe with a decent sole, this won’t be all pavement.
I’ll ask that only arfcom accounts join on this one. Friends of friends is not something I’m wanting to tackle right now. I’m fine with family coming along though.

See you there.

@Lug1
@belted_guns

@H4ppyB34r

View Quote

Dropped about 2 grand to make it to my MIL’s funeral, so my car purchase got pushed back to Feb/March.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#24]

I’m out of town that weekend, but sending a PM anyway for approx location for next one. I’m excited to try APC.

We’ve got quite a few colabros in DFW.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RandyLahey01:

See you there.

@Lug1
@belted_guns

@H4ppyB34r

View Quote

I shot you a PM, I’m actually off that day and interested in joining.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By H4ppyB34r:
I'll be back in town by then, I'm in

Just received your PM. System says your inbox is full

I'll ping a few guys too

@NoMoAMMO
View Quote

I'll be out of town this weekend (Bday is Sunday).

Hope its a good time for those that make it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top