Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2018 4:15:54 AM EDT
I escaped the Kali. Hell in '89, but now it's followed me here!
I'm too financially challenged and old to flee again, so how do we fix this?
Election 2020 could be an answer but I fear that any real effort to do what is needed would be by prosecuted by our new masters as some sort of PC crime.
One thing the Libs are GOOD at, creating all sorts of new thought crimes!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I escaped the Kali. Hell in '89, but now it's followed me here!
I'm too financially challenged and old to flee again, so how do we fix this?
Election 2020 could be an answer but I fear that any real effort to do what is needed would be by prosecuted by our new masters as some sort of PC crime.
One thing the Libs are GOOD at, creating all sorts of new thought crimes!
View Quote
I hate to be a negative nance, but this defeat was massive on all levels. These next 4 years, even more leftists policies will be enacted by the super majority Dems that will attract more Kalifornicators and Chiraqians that will cement it blue.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Moved here two years ago trying to get away from Cali lites (Oregon and Washington) However apparently this place is going to shit as well Glad I wasnt able to find a house I like to buy but have a good job I would hate to give up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:29:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The problem is, where do we go?  The God damned leftists came here from Kali after they screwed it up, and now they will do the same to us, then like the locusts they are, they will move onto the next target.  Where is safe?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is, where do we go?  The God damned leftists came here from Kali after they screwed it up, and now they will do the same to us, then like the locusts they are, they will move onto the next target.  Where is safe?
View Quote
FUcking nowhere. God damn this sucks. We moved from Cali beginning of this year. I had no fucking clue how left this place was. Fuck.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FUcking nowhere. God damn this sucks. We moved from Cali beginning of this year. I had no fucking clue how left this place was. Fuck.
View Quote
Two counties are leftist the rest of the state is RIGHT but it looks like I have to leave. FUCK the LIBERALS that have ruined the state I have lived in over 50 years!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the problem.  The progressive agenda isn't just flowing from California to Nevada.  It's infecting everywhere.  A friend was complaining that Montana is now a blue state.  Montana!  And fucking Texas damn near had a Dem upset Ted Cruz's seat.  We can't run,  we can't hide from this disease.  Time to stand and fight.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's the problem.  The progressive agenda isn't just flowing from California to Nevada.  It's infecting everywhere.  A friend was complaining that Montana is now a blue state.  Montana!  And fucking Texas damn near had a Dem upset Ted Cruz's seat.  We can't run,  we can't hide from this disease.  Time to stand and fight.
View Quote
Can't argue with that.

Going back to OPs post.. our Reps ran a very, very low key PR campaign. If we plan on winning in the future, tons of money will need to be spent on radio (and on FM stations not traditionally friendly to Conservatives), TV, and social media ads especially YouTube. I was stunned at how little campaigning I saw to counteract those from the Dems.

The very fact that I was seeing pro-Dem ads on Fox News was a big indicator to me at how much F-You money the Dems were spending in NV
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Two counties are leftist the rest of the state is RIGHT but it looks like I have to leave. FUCK the LIBERALS that have ruined the state I have lived in over 50 years!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This morning my first thought was to start land shopping. Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Montana? Sorry Wyoming, growing up in Northern NV has made me hate the wind. I'm not moving anywhere MORE windy then here.

Anyway... my first thought was to pack up and leave. No immediately as I have 5 years before my kids finish school and I'm not going to uproot them at this stage. But find somewhere nice, lay the groundwork for an exit. But you know, EVERYWHERE is fucking screwed. Montana flipped! Idaho is slowly going purple and we all know what happens once that starts. Texas came within 2 points - they're delusional if they think they will survive the next election cycle unscathed. There is no safe place anymore.

I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. The infection is spreading and it's worse than we thought.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I was going to be "Low Key" at my new Yerington digs.
Now, Fuck That!
Seeing where being the "Nice Guys" who "Play Fair" has gotten us I'm ready to go on the offensive and don't give a fuck who is offended by it!
On the way home this evening I'm buying some black ribbon to wear in honor of the death of formerly Free Nevada!
Rather than rioting as the libtards would do in a similar loosing tide I suggest that all the sane Nevadans also wear a black ribbon in public until after the next legislative session ends.
The next legislative session, SHUDDER!
We've turned out fairly well for some past legislative sessions, but for this next we are going to have to PACK the hearings!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I got to thinking about this. Just thinking out loud here, so no real rhyme or reason.

Some key issues that I saw pop up in ads were healthcare and jobs.

NV has a reported 3.5% unemployment rate.  So in theory, medical insurance and care should be a non issue, since jobs should go hand in hand with at least decent medical insurance.

Then I got to thinking of how many people are not even participating in the work force via various disabilities?

I see a ton of people that are on some form of public assistance, so voting blue guarantees that their benefits will continue at the cost to the working class and the "rich."
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Too many kalifornians for me in Douglas county now. I was going to move to Ely, Tonopah or Goldfield to escape them but after last night, my "fun meter" (sarcasm noted) pegged out and decided I'll be making a move to SW part of Utah.

I've been thinking about this since last year, of moving back to AZ but I see it going blue in another election or two, unfortunately.

All I see here in Nevada in the near future will be much higher taxes, a good chance of eliminating the income tax exemption, kalifornia gun control bullshit. It will mirror kalifornia.

Now the fun of filling out and begging for permission to exercise my 2A rights on Form 5320.20
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I hate to be negative, but I think Nevada is lost forever. It will never turn red again. Too many rejects from California move here. People apparently like the sharp increase in crime and other craziness in the Las Vegas area. Utah might be the only state left worth moving to, if one wants to stay near the west coast. Arizona will go blue as well soon, followed by Texas. More and more people from California, Oregon and Washington will move into those states because they want to destroy those too. It's what cancer cells and viruses do. One would think these people are fed up with the democrats, but that's not the case. They happily keep voting blue.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Too many kalifornians for me in Douglas county now. I was going to move to Ely, Tonopah or Goldfield to escape them but after last night, my "fun meter" (sarcasm noted) pegged out and decided I'll be making a move to SW part of Utah.

I've been thinking about this since last year, of moving back to AZ but I see it going blue in another election or two, unfortunately.

All I see here in Nevada in the near future will be much higher taxes, a good chance of eliminating the income tax exemption, kalifornia gun control bullshit. It will mirror kalifornia.

Now the fun of filling out and begging for permission to exercise my 2A rights on Form 5320.20
View Quote
SW Utah is where I'm looking right now. Callad a real estate buddy and he's looking for place that meet my reqirements.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#15]
You want to know where to move where you won't be in danger of being overrun by leftist locusts? Look at these maps and compare which areas stay red no matter the category

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-only-men-voted-only-women-only-nonwhite-voters/

These maps may lead you to an uncomfortable conclusion. Make of the data what you will.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Women never should have gotten the vote!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:09:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
SW Utah is where I'm looking right now. Callad a real estate buddy and he's looking for place that meet my reqirements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even though I said I wouldn't, I caught myself real estate shopping online today.

SW Utah sure looks nice. St George and Duck Village especially. A part of Idaho has my attention as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Even though I said I wouldn't, I caught myself real estate shopping online today.

SW Utah sure looks nice. St George and Duck Village especially. A part of Idaho has my attention as well.
View Quote
Duck village is awesome, as is that entire area. Beautiful geography and nature.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You want to know where to move where you won't be in danger of being overrun by leftist locusts? Look at these maps and compare which areas stay red no matter the category

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-if-only-men-voted-only-women-only-nonwhite-voters/

These maps may lead you to an uncomfortable conclusion. Make of the data what you will.
View Quote
LOL,

Repeal the 19th Amendment!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Looks like Wyoming is the only winner, at least in the Western states.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#21]
I have it on very good authority that very few transplants can tolerate Wyoming winters for more than two years.
F'n Al Whore lied again, Wyoming was supposed to be a tropical paradise by now due to glo-bull warming!
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have it on very good authority that very few transplants can tolerate Wyoming winters for more than two years.
View Quote
That seems very plausible. Those winters are brutal.

I did some tower work there from Hulett down to Cheyenne in Jan.to Feb. 2013 and it was just as cold as my tour at Loring AFB in Caribou, ME. Not many kalifornians in either place.

The ones that can handle those winters are more than likely, hearty, self sustaining, hard working, red voting individuals.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I moved here from Oregon 30+ years ago to escape the California bullshit. (Yeah, it was happening even back then).

It's been a good run for me, but I'm damn near 60 now and I'm not going anywhere .

I have no intention of complying with any gun restrictions when they come. The tax issues will have to be dealt with as they arise, and I have no doubt they will.

I'm glad I chose to live in a cow county. We don't draw as much attention out here.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I moved to Las Vegas 25 years ago from Hawaii, which was too expensive to live and very liberal. When I moved to Nevada it was a very red state. I'm 72 years old, and last year I saw the writing on the wall and could see
that Nevada was going the way of Kalifornia. Sure enough, it came to pass on Tuesday night. That is a shame. I bit the bullet and moved to Cedar City, Utah back in January of this year. Sold my house in Las Vegas for a
tidy profit, and along with the  girl friend bought a new house two miles north of the Cedar City airport surrounded by corn and alfalfa fields, cows, horses, sheep, ravens, red tail hawks etc. The people are very nice and
conservative, the cost of living is very low compared to Las Vegas. No traffic to speak of, no lines at the DMV or post office.

A previous poster on this thread mentioned St. George, Utah as a possible place to move to. Well, I hate to burst his bubble but St. George is one of the fastest growing cities in  the USA, with lots of traffic, crime, road
construction, water issues and expensive real estate. We go down there once in a great while to shop at Costco, and then we bug out to Cedar City.

With the Dems in control of the state legislature and the governor's office, you can expect more gun grabbing measures as well as the repeal of that 3% cap on homeowner's property taxes as well as other taxes. That
sucks for sure.

Many of you will have to make some hard decisions in the coming months on whether to live in a commie state and become an instant felon, or move to a free state. I wish all of you the best.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone "Busted" for non-compliance with expected upcoming anti-RKBA garbage please refuse to co-operate with the jackboots.
All that should be said is, "I am a political prisoner - The right to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED".
The first "Bust" would become a show trial, so it would be important to deprive them of their expected Show.
I recall that several states have found it pretty much impossible to enforce recent bans due to their very high levels of non-compliance.

"If three, just three people, do it, they may think it's a movement........"*

* Alices Restaurant reference for those unfamiliar.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 3:45:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Duck village is awesome, as is that entire area. Beautiful geography and nature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking at Duck Village as well.

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#27]
I forgot to mention in my previous post to those thinking of moving  to St. George, Utah.....it's a mini Las Vegas, and a lot of liberal folks are moving there. Just sayn'.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I forgot to mention in my previous post to those thinking of moving  to St. George, Utah.....it's a mini Las Vegas, and a lot of liberal folks are moving there. Just sayn'.
View Quote
Well, after seeing this St. George, is off the list.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I moved to Las Vegas 25 years ago from Hawaii, which was too expensive to live and very liberal. When I moved to Nevada it was a very red state. I'm 72 years old, and last year I saw the writing on the wall and could see
that Nevada was going the way of Kalifornia. Sure enough, it came to pass on Tuesday night. That is a shame. I bit the bullet and moved to Cedar City, Utah back in January of this year. Sold my house in Las Vegas for a
tidy profit, and along with the  girl friend bought a new house two miles north of the Cedar City airport surrounded by corn and alfalfa fields, cows, horses, sheep, ravens, red tail hawks etc. The people are very nice and
conservative, the cost of living is very low compared to Las Vegas. No traffic to speak of, no lines at the DMV or post office.

A previous poster on this thread mentioned St. George, Utah as a possible place to move to. Well, I hate to burst his bubble but St. George is one of the fastest growing cities in  the USA, with lots of traffic, crime, road
construction, water issues and expensive real estate. We go down there once in a great while to shop at Costco, and then we bug out to Cedar City.

With the Dems in control of the state legislature and the governor's office, you can expect more gun grabbing measures as well as the repeal of that 3% cap on homeowner's property taxes as well as other taxes. That
sucks for sure.

Many of you will have to make some hard decisions in the coming months on whether to live in a commie state and become an instant felon, or move to a free state. I wish all of you the best.
View Quote
Shiiiit. Did you see the election results in Utah?! It is ONE election away from blue. Sorry. Utah ain’t it, anymore...
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

sucks for sure.

View Quote
Utah is only one or two election cycles away from turning blue as well.

I also own property in Cedar City, UT, with well, power, modular home, and shop building.  Been moving our stuff there over the past couple of years.  We'll keep it, but not as our primary residence; we have to look elsewhere now for somewhere Free, but the CC place will be a nice getaway.

The problem is Las Vegas: as it grows, and gets more expensive, and "affordable" housing grows scarce, you have to examine the overflow trends (just like right before the bubble burst in 2009/2010): first the overflow causes Mesquite to grow (still Clark County), then this triggers St George to grow....both have been exploding with new growth.  Overflow from St George is now affecting Cedar City.  New homes, townhomes, and even apartments are popping up all over, even among rural routes like Lund Highway.  It won't be long before the infrastructure of Cedar City is overwhelmed just like St George, Mesquite, and LV.

Like you, we fell in love with the people and area of Cedar City, and have been enjoying our getaways several times per month to there.  But this will no doubt change as the new growth attracts the locusts, and it won't be long before Utah resembles Nevada: SLC/Ogden area & St George/CC dominate the rest of the state with blue politics.

Non-compliance only goes so far over time...all it takes is one relative/friend to make one inadvertant slip of the lip.  Ground-penetrating radar & other scanning technologies are now handheld and affordable, and some LE agencies are already using it.  Just where is going to be safe anymore in this country?
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#31]
As long as California's #1 export is it's liberal zombies fleeing to other states... no place seems truly safe anymore.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Now that the Steyer-funded Question 6 passed, how soon before more of our beautiful state starts getting covered with solar panels and other boondoggle "green energy" schemes?

One of my favorite areas, the Delamar Valley, is still high on the list for a HUGE commercial solar farm.  Which means even more restricted access through these areas.

The whole Bundy Ranch debacle was over eliminating public access to so-called "public lands administered by the BLM" to allow gigantic Chinese-funded solar farms...this may still come to pass, which will result in tremendous kickbacks to local politicians who green-light them, as originally intended (so Harry Reid never got his anticipated payoff from this scheme, as the head of the BLM was his former Chief of Staff).

Our once-beautiful state is about to get pimped out for now-mandatory boondoggles, which by the fine print will be used to supply more electricity to Kommiefornia & other blue state energy purchasers.  WTF, over.....
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Instead of moving away why not fight to get the state back? When you move the area you’re in and flee you end up being the person who did nothing to help. If St George is a mini Las Vegas who do you think they’ll blame for the state going blue? Nevadans. Those damn liberal Nevadans turned their state blue and now they’re turning Utah blue. Same shtuff, different state.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 7:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Instead of moving away why not fight to get the state back? When you move the area you’re in and flee you end up being the person who did nothing to help. If St George is a mini Las Vegas who do you think they’ll blame for the state going blue? Nevadans. Those damn liberal Nevadans turned their state blue and now they’re turning Utah blue. Same shtuff, different state.
View Quote
One can only fight so much...I used to volunteer and do everything I could to try to get the word out and rally support for pro-2A candidates.

But when your efforts are constantly negated by fraud and cheating by the opposition, and nothing ever comes of reporting it, it wears one down....I’m tired to seeing busloads of “voters” coming in from CA after polls have closed, and everyone on the bus casts a ballot....then they all get fed as well as prepaid gift cards.  And all we get in response for recording/documenting these frauds are threats of arrest/job blacklisting, and so on.

Plus those aren’t Nevadans overwhelming St George and other places...they are locusts from CA, NY, and other liberal shitholes.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:16:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Thank you for the Intel. I never would have known otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:24:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Yes. Thank you for the Intel. I never would have known otherwise.
View Quote
Hmm, might be a good idea to look at the voter registration data-base of any area under consideration?
Public record and usually available on-line.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#37]
My wife is originally from Idaho Falls.  We started shopping for a place up there Wednesday morning, November 7th.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Problem is, the more who flee the harder it becomes for the rest of us!
Not giving up yet, think I know how to fix it, but of course that requires $$$ and getting people to do their part.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I've got six years until retirement.  I'm going to fight like hell to save this state during that time.  But I'm also going to have an escape plan.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#40]
What is weird, nobody I know claims to have voted for Sisolak, yet he won easily.
So either there is some unfair play going on , or a whole lot of people are lying their asses off.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What is weird, nobody I know claims to have voted for Sisolak, yet he won easily.
So either there is some unfair play going on , or a whole lot of people are lying their asses off.
View Quote
It's the people you don't know that voted for the commie shitbag. It's the SEIU scum in Washoe & Clark counties...

http://www.seiunv.org/2018-endorsements/
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Problem is, the more who flee the harder it becomes for the rest of us!
Not giving up yet, think I know how to fix it, but of course that requires $$$ and getting people to do their part.
View Quote
Not sure how we fix getting outnumbered by leftists ?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#43]
We have 17 counties, only 2 are socialist enclaves.
We need to get more pro-RKBA growth into the 15 sane counties before the next census.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top