Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2018 12:23:23 PM EDT
so---if i block my handgun mags to only accept 10 rounds and put a pop-rivet through the floorplate and spring plate so it can NOT be disassembled, am i compliant?

or a roll pin through the floorplate flush with the outsides?

BTW, fuck you, beaver toothed Philthy murphy!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes - from the ANJRPC published guide:

By December 10, 2018, permanently
modify the non-compliant magazines so that they can accept no more than the legal maximum of ten (10) rounds. The
modifications must be “permanent,” meaning they cannot be undone and the magazine is permanently limited to a
maximum of ten (10) rounds (e.g., riveted, welded, epoxied, etc., and not restorable). If the magazines can be restored
to a capacity above ten (10) rounds, then the magazines will NOT qualify as having been permanently modified, the
exemption will not apply, and the owner will be subject to prosecution under the new law. An ammunition magazine
which has been only temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 10 rounds, as by a piece of wood or a
pin or screw, is still unlawful.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
cool. thanks for the info.

unlike good 'ol uncle phil, i don't have the cash lying around to just go buy a shitload of magazines.

off to Lowes i go...........
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Hate to be negative on this but nothing is permanent short of destroying them.

The guys on the njgunforum are stating that rivets, roll pins, etc.. are not permanent therefore not legal.

The state refuses to define what permanent means.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 7:03:10 AM EDT
[#4]
This is how it was explained to me when I pushed a ranking officer in the NJSP firearms division to be more specific. He told me that if you had to break something to get it apart they considered it permanent. I know that's worth what you paid for it and I have no way to prove he even said it but if you follow the acceptible methods for making a stock fixed, a roll pin, or a muzzle brake non-detachable with a pin you can pretty much see where a rivet falls into the same category of solutions. We have been able to limit magazines since the florio ban using blocks and a rivet. This is a fact. I was told by the NJSP when I opened my shop that this was the way to do it. If the law even quotes using a rivet, why make this harder than it is?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
edit.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy ten rounders and be really safe. Keep your fifteen rounders in the attic till the day comes that you move out of state.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hate to be negative on this but nothing is permanent short of destroying them.

The guys on the njgunforum are stating that rivets, roll pins, etc.. are not permanent therefore not legal.

The state refuses to define what permanent means.
View Quote
The Guys on the NJGAYFORUM are full RETARD like the owner.

Stay far away from anyone there what ever they say. Total DOUCHBAGS over there and full of NO NOTHINGS there for sure!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:The Guys on the NJGAYFORUM are full RETARD like the owner.
Stay far away from anyone there what ever they say. Total DOUCHBAGS over there and full of NO NOTHINGS there for sure!!
View Quote
The old timers on there keep the newbees in line. Sounds like you have had an issue with Maks, who is rarely involved anymore.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to agree with Lugerman on this one; albeit probably for different reasons.  As much as I understand the distrust in the NJ gun community and the disdain for the situation we’re in here, I’ve never understood the direction of their hatred from the group over at NJGF.  I never felt welcome there and dare I voice my opinion or my perception on anything; I’m just the filthy pig that wants to kick down their doors and take their freedoms.  Now of course there are some people here that probably feel the same way about anyone in LE, but at least here I feel the majority of people get where the real problems lie.

Maybe I’m wrong, just my perception.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a single thread in the NJGF that didn’t eventually turn into an end of times novel in which the evil army of LEO dawned red coats, took it upon themselves to wage war upon the citizens, invaded the homes of all gun owners and hung them from the bridges after steeling their possessions...  I don’t have time for the drama, I’m too busy trying to be part of the solution... like get people just to fuckin vote, let alone trying to deflect blame on people that don’t have anything to do with the real problems.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The old timers on there keep the newbees in line. Sounds like you have had an issue with Maks, who is rarely involved anymore.
View Quote
Yeah that little  is a total POS IMHO.

Fuck him and his forum. Haven't been there is 3-4 years.

The DUMB is very strong there. Lot's of Fudds and a bunch or no nothings. I forgot more then they will ever know.

Total LOSER BOARD!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So I should give a shit about NJGF, because?
View Quote
its where the kewl kids hang, but I have my own reason.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:39:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have to agree with Lugerman on this one; albeit probably for different reasons.  As much as I understand the distrust in the NJ gun community and the disdain for the situation we’re in here, I’ve never understood the direction of their hatred from the group over at NJGF.  I never felt welcome there and dare I voice my opinion or my perception on anything; I’m just the filthy pig that wants to kick down their doors and take their freedoms.  Now of course there are some people here that probably feel the same way about anyone in LE, but at least here I feel the majority of people get where the real problems lie.

Maybe I’m wrong, just my perception.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a single thread in the NJGF that didn’t eventually turn into an end of times novel in which the evil army of LEO dawned red coats, took it upon themselves to wage war upon the citizens, invaded the homes of all gun owners and hung them from the bridges after steeling their possessions...  I don’t have time for the drama, I’m too busy trying to be part of the solution... like get people just to fuckin vote, let alone trying to deflect blame on people that don’t have anything to do with the real problems.
View Quote
Sadly all the threads on this topic went full retard.

In regards to LEO feeling welcome.  You have those who think you are storm troopers just waiting for the go ahead from the governors office to kick down the doors, confiscate firearms and leave our daughters pregnant.  Those are the same people who blame us FFL's for profiteering as if we control the states laws and the willingness for someone to leave their home and vote.

Then you have those who actually understand how our constitution works and appreciate the job you do. (except when writing a speeding ticket) :)

I personally spend more time reading and chatting... less time posting there.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Buy ten rounders and be really safe. Keep your fifteen rounders in the attic till the day comes that you move out of state.
View Quote
The perfect Non-magazine storage box
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Would not even keep them in the attic.  If you are jammed up for anything that could constitute you as a threat or prohibit person, the police are searching your entire house.  And probably your yard as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]
edit error
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Would not even keep them in the attic.  If you are jammed up for anything that could constitute you as a threat or prohibit person, the police are searching your entire house.  And probably your yard as well.
View Quote
Not worth to loose your remaining RIGHTS.

Destroy them and make them unusable.

Besides, you don't need 15 rounds to kill a dear
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top