Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2020 7:49:58 PM EDT
Considering Biden's desire to include certain guns and any hi-cap magazine to the NFA registry, folks might want to think about their options. With that said, I happen to know a guy that can help with the NFA compliant markings for each firearm and magazine

Hopefully the initial registration will not require the $200 stamp, but nobody really knows at this point. Additionally you may notice that they seem to be aware that the $200 tax has remained unchanged since 1934, but they may only be bringing that up for trivial reasons. Anyway, if only that fringe party would have put their apples in our shared basket instead of tossing them at the pie in the sky, this wouldn't be an issue...
Remember the Street Sweeper?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The day I have to register anything currently owned legally, is the day I stop giving a FUCK about ANY other NFA Regs.

They want to make me a felon, then I will act accordingly.

Fuck them and the horse they road in on.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The day I have to register anything currently owned legally, is the day I stop giving a FUCK about ANY other NFA Regs.

View Quote

Let the hate flow through you
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

He’s not wrong
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He’s not wrong
View Quote

Pretty sure the same was said about the machine gun ban of 1986, yet we still have it despite trying to find a way around it with little trinkets and gadgets. As laws are passed, enforcement will not come in the form of swarms of agents descending upon neighborhoods.

Lots has been learned over the years and patience will be the key to their long game. Folks doesn't seem to transfer information and ideas like they used to and now anything that is shared (like this post for instance) is being seen by anyone who's interested. Unfortunately the inevitable is either approaching or already on the horizon, and there will come a time where gun owners will be viewed much like covid is today...and we all see how desperately folks are trying anything and everything hoping the covid monster doesn't get them

I'm sure that between video game binges there's lots of scenarios playing in everyone's head regarding riding out the coming storm, like maybe fortifying their apartments, burying their stuff and say it was stolen or lost in a boating accident, or even the infamous 'Blaze of Glory' conclusion...I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway if I had any advice to offer, it would probably sound a lot like what would be said to someone dealing with a dying loved one.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

yup. This is the hill I'm willing to die on. if a few of the things I have become illegal, I will do my best to make them all illegal
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the same was said about the machine gun ban of 1986,
View Quote

Well.....It wasn't said by me, considering I wasn't quite 10 yet......

Nor had I yet taken an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States at that time.

Free Men Don't Ask Permission.

But you have fun bowing to the mob....
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well.....It wasn't said by me, considering I wasn't quite 10 yet......

Nor had I yet taken an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the United States at that time.

Free Men Don't Ask Permission.

But you have fun bowing to the mob....
View Quote

Sounds like you got it all figured out...thank you
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m just going to throw all my eggs in the FFL 07 and SOT camp. I already have a bunch of NFA crap, so I might as well make all of it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#10]
out for the change
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anyone imagine imagine how long it would take to process the paperwork on all that?
View Quote

It's likely one of the ways they'll attempt to make us into criminals. They won't fund expanding the number of examiners so almost nothing gets "registered" for those that try.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I’m just going to throw all my eggs in the FFL 07 and SOT camp. I already have a bunch of NFA crap, so I might as well make all of it.
View Quote

True for most 07/02 SOT's. Once everything has paper dropped, then it's a matter of pricing the license to a point that few will be able to maintain.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#13]
The registering of Streetsweepers did not meet the rules as written at the time they did the registration. There is no provision in the amnesty law for a one make amnesty. There is also only a 30 day rule in the law not 18 months. It poses the dilemma of an amnesty has to be an all or nothing 30 day proposition and unrestricted. It also prevented self incrimination.  Today I am not sure any of that matters.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the same was said about the machine gun ban of 1986
View Quote

I don't remember anything like that being said, and I was an adult at the time.  The NRA backed FOPA and asked Congress to pass it even after the poison pill was attached and asked Reagan to sign it.  Hell, I still know diehard NRA folks that defend the NRA's decision.

I don't remember anything like that being said in 1994, either (AWB).

A lot depends upon what they do.  If the Senate stays Republican, then they will do nothing at all.  If they make it easy to comply, with a grandfather clause, then I expect gun owners will peacefully submit just like in 1994, although there will be a huge rush on AR15s, and everybody will be out of stock and charging sky high prices ahead of the compliance deadline.

The reality is that we do not even know if the political will is there to get this done, even if the Democrats get a majority in the Senate, although a well timed preschool shooting might be all that is needed to set legislation upon a successful trajectory to transform from a bill to  a law.

Anything short of a flat out ban with confiscation is unlikely to provoke violent resistance among Americans.

Your "fuck it, I'll make illegal machine guns" will be so rare as to be some weird anomaly, and of course you will have to keep such objects super-secret, never shooting them or letting anybody know about them (imagine what the soon-to-be ex-wife could do with THAT information).
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
(imagine what the soon-to-be ex-wife could do with THAT information).
View Quote

This right here......even if you trust your wife it's better to keep her in the dark for plausible deniability alone.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Anything short of a flat out ban with confiscation is unlikely to provoke violent resistance among Americans.
View Quote

They are smart enough to avoid a bold move like that. I'm afraid there's things in motion now that's going to take more than bumper stickers and tatts to counter...but who knows.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The NRA felt that the FOPA was important enough to pass even with the poison pill and told Reagan they'd challenge it in court, which they did, and lost.  Considering that before 2008, Federal courts were taking the position that there were no individual rights under the Second Amendment, it's not surprising they lost.
View Quote

Pretty stupid position to take, don't you think?

I understand they thought the FOPA provisions from the original pill were important.  I think water is pretty important.  If somebody drops a poison pill in my glass, though, I don't drink it.  I pour out the water.  That is the whole point of a poison pill.

If not for the NRA, you could buy a full auto M4 for sub-$1000 today.

Yeah, I am still pissed, but to answer WGTactictal's question, nobody was saying anything about resisting the law, 922(O), back in 1986 (not that I ever heard, anyway).  For one thing, you could still buy every weapon out there.  The law banned only FUTURE weapons.  
In the 90s, I was still buying and selling machine guns.  
I no can afford now . . .
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#19]
So who is selling their braces?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The even sadder part is that SCOTUS essentially stripped NFA from enforcement in 1938, yet here we are, through a twisted interpretation of the plain meaning of their decision in Miller, itself due to only hearing argument from gov't lawyers and nothing from the defense...
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends. If they decide that a brace is the legal equivalent of a stock, then I’ll just replace them with stocks and have a bunch of braces for sale. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Depends. If they decide that a brace is the legal equivalent of a stock, then I’ll just replace them with stocks and have a bunch of braces for sale. Stay tuned.
View Quote

looking to snag one or two SBPDW stocks.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm actually in need of an engraving on a lower receiver now that you mention it. In the Newnan area, recommendations? Can't seem to find anyone within 50 miles.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm actually in need of an engraving on a lower receiver now that you mention it. In the Newnan area, recommendations? Can't seem to find anyone within 50 miles.
View Quote

I'm in Carrollton
This is from one of our own projects that we engraved, cerakote and color filled.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Definitely close enough. Sending you a PM
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Definitely close enough. Sending you a PM
View Quote

Received and replied.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Atlanta West Jewelry in Douglasville is who I use
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The even sadder part is that SCOTUS essentially stripped NFA from enforcement in 1938, yet here we are, through a twisted interpretation of the plain meaning of their decision in Miller, itself due to only hearing argument from gov't lawyers and nothing from the defense...
View Quote

Miller never upheld the NFA as applied to short barreled shotguns as against the Second Amendment challenge.  In Miller, the Supreme Court simply said, "Certainly it is not within judicial notice that this weapon is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

Judicial notice simply means something the court recognizes without evidence.  

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre/rule_201

Because it was not within judicial notice that a short barreled shotgun "is any part of the ordinary military equipment, or that its use could contribute to the common defense," the Supreme Court remanded the case to the trial court in Arkansas for further proceedings.  The last sentence of the opinion is, "The cause will be remanded for further proceedings."

Those further proceedings never happened.

So the real holding from Miller is that the Second Amendment protects the possession of weapons that are any part of the ordinary military equipment or weapons the use of which could contribute to the common defense.

Pretty clear.

Read it yourself.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/307/174/#tab-opinion-1936361

Those who claim that Miller held that possession of an unregistered short barreled shotgun is not protected by the Second Amendment have never read the case or are simply lying.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Considering Biden's desire to include certain guns and any hi-cap magazine to the NFA registry, folks might want to think about their options. With that said, I happen to know a guy that can help with the NFA compliant markings for each firearm and magazine

Hopefully the initial registration will not require the $200 stamp, but nobody really knows at this point. Additionally you may notice that they seem to be aware that the $200 tax has remained unchanged since 1934, but they may only be bringing that up for trivial reasons. Anyway, if only that fringe party would have put their apples in our shared basket instead of tossing them at the pie in the sky, this wouldn't be an issue...
Remember the Street Sweeper?
View Quote

Unrelated but I could find your Facebook page. There is someone in johns creek with a  m113 for sale for $85k

https://www.facebook.com/groups/814129745361696/permalink/3640285406079435/?sale_post_id=3640285406079435
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unrelated but I could find your Facebook page. There is someone in johns creek with a  m113 for sale for $85k

https://www.facebook.com/groups/814129745361696/permalink/3640285406079435/?sale_post_id=3640285406079435
View Quote

I'd say this is related as it's all connected to individual rights, or lack thereof. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top