Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2018 7:39:00 PM EDT
Hi all, I'm considering getting an NFA trust and want to go through a lawyer. I've heard Grieve Law in Milwaukee is a great place to go. Does anyone have any experience with him and/or what the pricing is for a trust through him? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Tom Grieve is definitely the guy you want! He's a member here and does a lot of work for multiple arfcom members.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tom Grieve is definitely the guy you want! He's a member here and does a lot of work for multiple arfcom members.
View Quote
What he said!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m sure that may be a more thorough route to take, but I went with a trust from silencerco website (not silencer shop). It was $125 ish? Printed out. Notarized by the office lady at work who was a notary.  Photos from Walgreens on way to dealer.
Prints and paper work finished at dealer. Everything in the same day.

Stamp showed up in only 6 months!
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi all, I'm considering getting an NFA trust and want to go through a lawyer. I've heard Grieve Law in Milwaukee is a great place to go. Does anyone have any experience with him and/or what the pricing is for a trust through him? Thanks!
View Quote
You can ask for no better than Tom Grieve.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I wrote my own trust and then sent it to Tom for review.  His only stipulation was that he got to keep a clean copy of the trust.

He's good to go in my book.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 10:32:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I’m sure that may be a more thorough route to take, but I went with a trust from silencerco website (not silencer shop). It was $125 ish? Printed out. Notarized by the office lady at work who was a notary.  Photos from Walgreens on way to dealer.
Prints and paper work finished at dealer. Everything in the same day.

Stamp showed up in only 6 months!
View Quote
Did you know much about trusts going into that or were you going in blind? I'm not very knowledgeable on that subject but would consider going that route if a caveman can do it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a trust from Tom Grieve and it's a good trust. His pricing is different depending on if you come in and see him alone or if you go in and it's a group of other people. It's not cheap.

Now that being said all of my new NFA items are being done on Silencer Shop single shot trusts. There is nothing wrong with this trust either but it is a cheaper route.  The reason I went the single shot trust route is I didnt want to add my wife until the NFA item has been recieved.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you know much about trusts going into that or were you going in blind? I'm not very knowledgeable on that subject but would consider going that route if a caveman can do it.
View Quote
I knew nothing. But I did have my coworker sort of help me. He has a lawyer made trust but multiple items. It was pritty easy. Also the guy at gun shop helped a lot too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top