Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2018 8:53:41 AM EDT
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good NFA Trust lawyer? I just moved from Illinois and I really want to start collecting NFA things.  Since I have no experience with NFA I wanted to go the lawyer route to cover myself. Do you have to meet with the lawyer in person? If so, a west valley option would be best. How much can I expect it to cost?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I did the one on the website here for like 150 or 200 bucks. With the new laws its kind of moot IMO. Otherwise you're sending in fingerprint cards for everyone in your trust, which gets stupid quick. I'd still recommend it for legal reasons, but it won't get you approved any faster.
deanphillipslaw.com
NFAlawyers.com
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you aware that they changed how Trusts are handled with regards to NFA? There’s no longer really any benefit to going the trust route. Obviously the inherent purpose of puttings things in trust would still be there, but most people never really cared about that, they just wanted easier/quicker NFA processing.

Just wanted to FYI. I did my own.

ETA - Missed that Diggs already covered this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 4:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't waste your money.

I have a trust and will no longer use it for new items because of the new rules.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#4]
^^Yup.^^

After 41F a waste of $$$ & time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:29:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The lawyer bit is a wast of time, but the trust isn't.

After you get a stamp on your trust, you can amend the trust to include other people.  There are some good reasons to do it that way...but it doesn't make the filing bit any easier like it used to.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I used nfalawyers and it was worth it. Especially when it changed in 41p regarding some trust language which the atf deemed not valid anymore. The $99? I paid was well worth it.

You get a nice trust and ongoing support. Any questions just email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top