Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2020 8:56:42 PM EDT
Had an FFL item come into my LGS today. Went to pick it up and was told that I he could not complete the transfer because the NCIS checks were halted by the FBI and the system was down. Sounded like they didn't know if it crashed or was taken down deliberately.  They said they called most of the local shops around and were told everyone was experiencing the issue. Just said he would call me when they are back up and running but he had no idea when that would be. He sounded pretty spun up about it as they couldnt sell any guns and had a shop full of people. Said that he received 60 FFL packages today and cant move any of them.

Anyone know anything about this?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I can confirm NICS is down at the moment, phone says 35 min wait.  Its overloaded right now, is my best guess.  People are scrambling to buy home protection shotguns.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can confirm NICS is down at the moment, phone says 35 min wait.  Its overloaded right now, is my best guess.  People are scrambling to buy home protection shotguns.
View Quote

Roger that. Just found this thread in GD as well.

NCIS is down
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#3]
multiple retailers are reporting the same thing
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Was handling a transfer with a coworker and we waited over an hour and it still had not gone through.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, friend just tried to buy a 590 Sat 9:30 am.  NICS down.  Got to log on screen - and nothing more.  LGS said they will call when it's back up.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Its the case for the first 2 hours of the morning the last 5 days.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine went through right away about an hour ago. I’m always an instant proceed though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It's fine in the afternoon, but I have been getting more delays than normal.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Up north here, son (age 18) picked out his first shotgun purchase at 3pm yesterday.
NCIS went thru very quickly, even with no SSN provided.
YMMV
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:06:26 PM EDT
[#10]

NICS worked in quick time this afternoon out at Fall City, and I came home with a 1924 vintage takedown model Winchester 1895

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top