Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2022 6:26:33 PM EDT
Headed down there tomorrow and I have a Mustang in storage nearby.  Thinking about upping the agreed value and taking it out for a cruise.  Any insanity so far or mostly calm?  

I also heard they're moving Mustang Week.  Any info on that?

Also, if any arcommers will be there, I'll be near Main St in NMB for a couple days if you want to meet up and talk imitation crab meat, trains and Mustangs.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
think they are moving it or ending it. said its the last one.  

They plan to have a parade cruise or something.   Imagine traffic will be a bit busy.

Im 90 minutes away or so.

don't remember any  nutty stories last year, did not go but remember seeing the ads floating around.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m staying in Garden City for family vacation. There are a bunch of cars down on this end. I may try to hit the car show Friday.

It’s not over here, but my parents bought this one in 66.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m staying in Garden City for family vacation. There are a bunch of cars down on this end. I may try to hit the car show Friday.

It’s not over here, but my parents bought this one in 66.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55995/6E71D89F-27B5-46B7-BD52-0DAA1583FA88_jpe-2467752.JPG

View Quote

That is a fine automobile.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Sons doing MW right now.  He’s driving around in his clapped out ‘96 with a twin turbo LS without a hood. We’re all up here on vacation so I’ll be at the show tomorrow myself.  I left my ‘15 and ‘66 at home though. Finding safe parking at night can be a bitch.  
Apparently MB City is doing their best to make anyone in a Mustang feel unwelcome. Cops are a different story. Being pretty cool about the whole thing.  I’ve got a feeling the City is just trying to put a stop to all events from bike weekends to Mustang events.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL!   Go to the MB mayors Facebook page and look how she’s getting blasted for her comment apologizing to the people of MB how MW is NOT a MB sponsored event.
One person posted a pic of her with her ‘62 corvette and how she’s pushing the corvette show but the hell with Mustangs.  

Facebook link

Even the residents are apologizing to Mustang owners and promising she won’t be mayor much longer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sons doing MW right now.  He’s driving around in his clapped out ‘96 with a twin turbo LS without a hood. We’re all up here on vacation so I’ll be at the show tomorrow myself.  .
View Quote

If his car is green, I may have seen it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sons doing MW right now.  He’s driving around in his clapped out ‘96 with a twin turbo LS without a hood. We’re all up here on vacation so I’ll be at the show tomorrow myself.  .
View Quote

Double
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Buffoon has 3 more years and they will elect her again.

Mustang Week is not held in MB. it is in an unincorporated area of the county. Myrtle Beach has harassed groups such as Bike Week till they left the city.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
about 300 mustangs at the darlington drag track at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
about 300 mustangs at the darlington drag track at the moment.
View Quote

Nice.  I bet there were some good passes being made.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If his car is green, I may have seen it.
View Quote

Meet Cousin Eddie.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

That’s the one I saw.

Small world!
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Buffoon has 3 more years and they will elect her again.

Mustang Week is not held in MB. it is in an unincorporated area of the county. Myrtle Beach has harassed groups such as Bike Week till they left the city.
View Quote

Yea, it was something like the last 5 or 6 years were at the MB convention center, but organizers are saying the mayor told the convention center to not let them return.   Was kind of nice to be able to go inside and get a break from the heat during the show.  I guess now I’m gonna have to go in the dead mall to get relief.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#14]
But now you have a choice between Hooters and Twin Peaks.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Just left the car show.  Got to see some real mental retardation in action.  No less than 6 cops camped out at mall exit or within a mile.  As long as you don’t do a burn out leaving or keep it in the throttle passing the cops, you got a pass.  But so many retards just can’t get out of the pedal and get pulled over.
Hell, one guy pulled out, lined up to do a burnout and looked to his left and saw the cop sitting there. He drove off like a boomer at that point.
Lots of nice looking cars and big money dumped into them.  But damn, that ratchet ass sound a Coyote makes with loud ass exhaust sucks.  I prefer my very mellow sounding Magnaflow Street system on my ‘15. Each his own I guess.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I am going to miss this. It was my area of coverage a few years ago. Well, here is some of the past fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18X6xltI74Y
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Cousin Eddie made it back to Charleston today. He had a “minor” issue last night.  He was getting into the throttle a little hard and had two rocker arm screws strip out.   He tapped it out and helicoiled it in Advance Autos parking lot.
EDIT: Supposedly the organizers are making an announcement Monday about the future of Mustang Week.  Rumor is the mall owners want to keep them coming back and want to get in the act somehow.  Maybe an indoor show next year?
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just left the car show.  Got to see some real mental retardation in action.  No less than 6 cops camped out at mall exit or within a mile.  As long as you don’t do a burn out leaving or keep it in the throttle passing the cops, you got a pass.  But so many retards just can’t get out of the pedal and get pulled over.
Hell, one guy pulled out, lined up to do a burnout and looked to his left and saw the cop sitting there. He drove off like a boomer at that point.
Lots of nice looking cars and big money dumped into them.  But damn, that ratchet ass sound a Coyote makes with loud ass exhaust sucks.  I prefer my very mellow sounding Magnaflow Street system on my ‘15. Each his own I guess.
View Quote

I agree with you on the sound. They got the loud part figured out.  They've got a long way to go to make them sound good.  Honestly, the sound is enough to make me consider a few-year-old Corvette instead of a newer Mustang.  

I'll take Flowmasters on a Fox body before this new sound, even with the 2,000 RPM drone.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree with you on the sound. They got the loud part figured out.  They've got a long way to go to make them sound good.  Honestly, the sound is enough to make me consider a few-year-old Corvette instead of a newer Mustang.  

I'll take Flowmasters on a Fox body before this new sound, even with the 2,000 RPM drone.
View Quote

You should hear my Magnaflow Street on mine. Nothing like that loud raspy shit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You should hear my Magnaflow Street on mine. Nothing like that loud raspy shit.
View Quote

Maybe I'll get to hear it one of these days.  

We heard 4 of them leave Molten Mountain on Saturday and they just sounded awful.  I have no doubt they were fast but I wouldn't be able to tolerate that racket in one of my cars. That being said, if anyone has a line on an OEM exhaust for an '87 5.0, I'd like to buy it if it's priced reasonably.  I'm putting mine back to bone stock.  2.73 gears and all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top