Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2021 7:29:45 PM EDT
Michigan has a sales tax 6%, and some cities have a percentage based income tax on your pay.

How does the city, county and state income taxes work in Denver and surrounding areas?

Thank you in advance, CM
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
seems like helicopter parent called "corporate monster" could figure that one out themselves

here you go
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Michigan has a sales tax 6%, and some cities have a percentage based income tax on your pay.

How does the city, county and state income taxes work in Denver and surrounding areas?

Thank you in advance, CM
View Quote
don't live in the city/county of denver.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Employees really only have to worry about CO state income tax. Denver has some minor flat dollar amount taxed and it's a payroll deduction.

Coloradans' income is taxed at a flat rate of 4.63% of their taxable income, regardless of your income bracket or marital status. If you work in Aurora, Denver, Glendale, Sheridan or Greenwood Village, you will also have to pay local taxes. These taxes are also flat rates.

If you work in Aurora, $2 is taken out of your pay every month if you earn over $250. In Denver, you’ll pay $5.75 monthly if you make more than $500. Employers in Greenwood Village will take out $2 every month if you earn more than $250. For Glendale residents, the tax rate is $5 a month if you earn at least $750. In Sheridan, you'll be taxed $3 per month regardless of your wages.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't let him come here. Tell him to run away. Colorado is lost and a shit hole.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#6]
First you pay an arm...
Then you pay a leg...
Then you are sucked dry, leaving behind a desiccated corpse...

But don't worry, the pot money is going to the schools.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
don't live in the city/county of denver.
View Quote

Or Colorado for that matter. Place has turned into a uber nanny state.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone.

When he was sent his offer letter they stated they wanted him to stay in Michigan. They have customers here too.
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 9:29:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd be more worried over the yearly vehicle registration
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd be more worried over the yearly vehicle registration
View Quote

At least your shit goes down over time. We have a constant rate...

It's the price for the tax haven we call Wyoming
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  Nannyism in the name of "health and safety."  It's really pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pretty sure you only have state income tax to worry about, so far anyway
View Quote

Unless things have changed recently the city of Denver takes a small bite from each paycheck also.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:15:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a pandemic that crosses state lines. I'm sitting in Denver International right now after staying with my brother & family in Monument for a few days, & I like the area. But I suspect, like western WA, the beauty belies the social & political ugliness that's not being checked.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#14]
The taxes work the same way other ones do.  

You fill it with D cell batteries and gasoline.   It takes 12 of them, and a gallon of 85 octane or higher.  

Then you point it at the cat and test the igniter and the fuel pump and make sure it all works.  

Then you jam it in your ass and hit go.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Colorado has a flat 4.55% income tax. Deductions are mostly parallel with federal.

Denver has a flat "Occupational Privilege Tax" of $9.75/month for the privilege of performing work inside the city.

Don't worry about Denver County: there is no such separate entity. It's a unified city and county government.

Denver also has retarded property taxes, but those would only (directly) affect if he owns property in the city, which is a shitty idea on so many levels. By contrast, I pay $2200/year on $400,000 assessed value in the suburbs.

Sales taxes are high-ish: Denver might be above 10% now and most of the suburbs are better but not by much.

Depending on where in Meatchicken you guys are,  I'd think about staying. I'm this >< close to moving to  be closer to family in Holland-Muskegon-GR, and that's after I specifically moved here to "move to a free state. (Back in 1998 when it was, anyway. )
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top