Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2021 10:33:55 PM EDT
My 4 year old Australian Shepherd was playing fetch with my son and became toy aggressive over the ball. She bit him in the face and has since been staying at my moms house. We have been trying to find her a new home but have been unsuccessful so far. We met with only one person who showed interest but it did not work out.

April is a pure bred Aussie. She can be food and toy aggressive towards other dogs. She loves to go hiking and is a great companion that needs a lot of attention. April needs to go to a home with no other dogs or small children. Up to date on all shots, spayed, and she’s microchipped.

She is very loving and friendly towards people and will help the burglar with the door. She is also playful with other dogs at dog parks but is territorial at home. She has been stressed since we had our son and hasn’t adjusted.

If any of you know someone who would be interested please IM or email me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
How much does she weigh?

Is she house broken/potty trained?

Is she a heavy barker, normal, or quiet?

Does she get car sick?  Does she like long car rides?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much does she weigh?

Is she house broken/potty trained?

Is she a heavy barker, normal, or quiet?

Does she get car sick?  Does she like long car rides?
View Quote

She is 45-50 lbs

She will use a dog door or will either bark or scratch once and sit when she needs to go to the bathroom.

She barks when she wants to play or someone comes to the door.

Does not get car sick and will sit in the back seat quietly on the drive. Average drive to visit family is 1.5 hours and she has no issues.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks.
I just don't have the space.

Bump for someone who needs exercise and a high energy dog to do it with.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 11:57:36 PM EDT
[#4]
3 dogs, 2 cats here…
We got ours through the Arizona border collie rescue. They might have a contact for you get your dog into a new home.  Good people
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear about that!  We are already have 3 dogs or we might consider taking her.  I have gotten 4 Aussies from this rescue in Arizona:

Aussie and Friends Rescue

They have foster volunteer experts in Tucson, Phoenix, Payson and Flagstaff that will take your dog and if they can't train some of that aggressiveness out will find the right home for her.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about that!  We are already have 3 dogs or we might consider taking her.  I have gotten 4 Aussies from this rescue in Arizona:

Aussie and Friends Rescue

They have foster volunteer experts in Tucson, Phoenix, Payson and Flagstaff that will take your dog and if they can't train some of that aggressiveness out will find the right home for her.
View Quote

@Rex_Allen  I just wanted to make sure you saw my post about Aussie and Friends. They will find a great home for your Aussie.  What is the status of her right now?
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@Rex_Allen  I just wanted to make sure you saw my post about Aussie and Friends. They will find a great home for your Aussie.  What is the status of her right now?
View Quote

I did see. Thank you. If I can’t find someone soon I will reach out to them.

Currently have some interest from a good friend. He wouldn’t be able to take her till sometime in Jan due to not knowing if he will be getting a place locally or further south.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top