Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2018 7:16:23 PM EDT
Probable job offer up in Phoenix (Luke AFB/Glenburn area) so what can y'all tell me about It? Currently in Tucson so kinda know climate and such. Will be buying for sure, so areas to look/avoid? (200-250k range) Good school districts, etc? Any other tidbits will be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Probable job offer up in Phoenix (Luke AFB/Glenburn area) so what can y'all tell me about It? Currently in Tucson so kinda know climate and such. Will be buying for sure, so areas to look/avoid? (200-250k range) Good school districts, etc? Any other tidbits will be greatly appreciated
View Quote
Agent here. There are a shitload of threads with some really good answers if you go back a few pages. That part of Gendale, you have a lot of options in the SW and NW sides of the valley in your price range. Peoria, Tolleson, Litchfield park, and Surprise will all be good options. Home age will range from 70s to early 2000s.

You want to try to avoid the east valley, otherwise your commute will be horrible out to Luke. Also avoid going too far North of Deer Valley. There are good places in both areas, but you're going to pay for it with time in your commute every day.

ETA: I've got a realtor buddy in Tucson who says it's the same there, so I'm sure you've seen it. Shit is really competitive in the $200-300k range right now in the overall phoenix metro area. So when the time comes to start putting offers in, you're gonna need to be aggressive. Whatever agent you end up using, trust them on what they say to offer. Don't get beat down if you end up having the first few offers kicked back. Keep at it, and if something pops up that looks good, jump on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Currently in Tucson so kinda know climate and such.
View Quote
Biggest difference is we are about 5 degrees hotter and we have actually paved the roads more recently than the Carter Administration.  Also most cities up here do not have the stupid backward left turn signals like Tucson that snarl traffic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Biggest difference is we are about 5 degrees hotter and we have actually paved the roads more recently than the Carter Administration.  Also most cities up here do not have the stupid backward left turn signals like Tucson that snarl traffic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Currently in Tucson so kinda know climate and such.
When this guy talks about Tucson...I just love it.

I knew there would ultimately be a reason why I randomly ended up giving him some free ammo a few years back that my father in law had accidentally purchased while visiting town.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're going to be working near Luke, you'll also want to consider Goodyear. Not as much air traffic from the jets like Surprise and those areas get. I lived in Goodyear for 15 years, (just recently moved), and would occasionally get to see the jets as they flew out the the Goldwater range. However, Surprise, Rancho Gabriella, etc, have a lot of traffic from the base. I love the sound of freedom and seeing the jets, but prefer it in smaller doses.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 5:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to know about the market. Was kinda my concern that it was pretty hot here in that range, so figured it would be up there as well. At least there looked to be plenty for sale in that area. Rates have been creeping up, and I don't see them going down anytime soon so hopefully just bite the bullet and get it done with. Another .5% is WAY more than a few bucks saved up front

And yeah, the left turn lights here are jacked. Seen more than one out of stater get tboned in an intersection thinking of a leading green arrow. Glad to hear y'all are normal up there
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Goodyear is nice
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And yeah, the left turn lights here are jacked. Seen more than one out of stater get tboned in an intersection thinking of a leading green arrow. Glad to hear y'all are normal up there
View Quote
It varies by city.   The biggest issue is where two cities meet, you think you are in one, but technically in the other.  Hilarity ensues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top