Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2021 10:17:44 AM EDT
Moving to Wichita to be closer to the wifes family. So we are looking for a little advice on good neighborhoods, and those to stay away from. I personally have only been to the area a couple times. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t have any advice, as it’s not my AO, but Wichita is a nice town.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 11:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't live there, only visited.

From what I saw, stay North of Kellogg street.

one example, There is a Youtuber that lives south of Wichita and was driving on Kellogg at night; had is car egged while driving.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So the south west part of town near the airport is not a great portion of town?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

one example, There is a Youtuber that lives south of Wichita and was driving on Kellogg at night; had is car egged while driving.
View Quote

Where do I find that video?
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forward to 14:45

Egg video
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Stick to the surrounding communities, if you can.  There are decent spots in the central areas, but hit or miss.

- Derby (South)
- Goddard (West)
- Maize (NW)
- Bel Aire (NE)  - we lived there for 4 years and loved it.  Felt removed from the busy life, but 3 mins and you're right where everything is.
- Andover (East)

I'm certainly a bit biased to the NE side of Wichita, but I feel like there's still a lot of room out that way.  Not too congested, yet getting all kinds of good places to shop and eat.  Cabelas, Academy, REI, Texas Roadhouse, and more and more.  We looked at Maize, which also has a LOT of great shopping and restaurants, but man, it always feels like a complete madhouse in that area.  Another thing as far as driving goes, Maize requires you to mostly drive surface streets to get out that way, unless you work your way over to K-96.  The NE area has K-96 right off the main areas of interest, so it's pretty quick to get around.  YMMV!
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
lots of great info. Thank you all! The wife should be intown looking next week. I will keep you all posted.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Just closed on a house yesterday in Maize.  Chose that because we needed to be west of town.

Edited to say prices don't seem as crazy stupid here as other places in the country.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just closed on a house yesterday in Maize.  Chose that because we needed to be west of town.

Edited to say prices don't seem as crazy stupid here as other places in the country.
View Quote

Should have seen it just a few years ago.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top