Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2021 12:08:05 AM EDT
Howdy all. The wife has accepted a job in New Richmond that starts at the end of October. We have to sell our house down here, buy a house up there, I have to find a job up there, ect.

So, while all of that is happening, she will be staying up there while working and then coming "home" until we all move up there. Any help with temp housing? We have contacted hotels/motels with a month to month lease type of idea, way to expensive. I think we will be looking at furnished apartments next. Any other ideas?

Also, any thoughts as to working/living in MN vs. WI? I am in manufacturing leadership, and it seems like there's a good market up there, but a lot of the jobs are in MN, so are a lot of the houses for that matter.

Any help appreciated, looking forward to finally being up north!
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
MN gun laws suck. Just sayin...

My daughter just left that fucked up state in June after being there since 2000, she went to the U.P. of MI. MI gun laws suck too.

That being said, when I got my MN ccw back in 2006, I went to Pine County to apply, and the sheriff there at that time seemed very pro-gun. Only good thing I can say about the whole state...  that and the blonde chick who worked there and took my application was smokin' hot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If I do happen to find a house on a lake in MN, I will make sure it's in that county, lol!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
MN vehicle registration costs suck versus WI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top