Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2019 6:31:44 AM EDT
Hey there folks,

I'll be moving to Minot here soon and I'm not looking for all the answers, but sources would be great.  Answers would be much appreciated too!

A few hot topics for me:

-carry laws.  Not concerned with obtaining a permit, as I'm Fed LEO, but I do have to abide by state law
-general hunting regs.  approved pistol/rifle/shotgun regs.  I'm coming from Oklahoma, which only has deer gun season.  So if it's a gun, you can kill deer with it.  Love that reg!
-public target shooting areas?  Do these apply to reservation areas, public hunting areas, etc?
-anything you might also find helpful is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to some colder weather and less tornado activity....and much more expensive housing (about %250 more).
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ThomasAb:
Hey there folks,

I'll be moving to Minot here soon and I'm not looking for all the answers, but sources would be great.  Answers would be much appreciated too!

A few hot topics for me:

-carry laws.  Not concerned with obtaining a permit, as I'm Fed LEO, but I do have to abide by state law
-general hunting regs.  approved pistol/rifle/shotgun regs.  I'm coming from Oklahoma, which only has deer gun season.  So if it's a gun, you can kill deer with it.  Love that reg!
-public target shooting areas?  Do these apply to reservation areas, public hunting areas, etc?
-anything you might also find helpful is greatly appreciated!

Looking forward to some colder weather and less tornado activity....and much more expensive housing (about %250 more).
View Quote
We have Constitutional Carry. No permit required.

Rifle season is in November. No minimum caliber, but no FMJ bullets. Muzzleloader and Bow season are far longer, if you packed your long johns.

We have a lot of what’s called PLOTS land. Open to all hunters. The government essentially buys hunting rights for all people from landowners on specific tracts of land.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Minot rifle and pistol club has a decent out door range.  Members or guests only.

The indoor range opens in October and can be used by non members. Pistol rounds only

Nodak arms has a virtual indoor range where you can select what targets are displayed.  Looks like a video game,  but with live rounds.
Link Posted: 8/19/2019 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
A good public spot for deer and turkey is the Denby experimental forest 20 miles east of minot. you have to draw tags in June for deer.

Also moose are around minot. It's a once in a lifetime draw.

on the west side of the state ducks, geese, pheasants, and grouse are plentiful. Same with prairie dogs and coyotes

most people moving to minot complain about ND,  they are usually air force personal that thinks this state is a bleak wasteland. personally I like the lack of people and the cold gets rid of the liberal riff raft.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:

We have Constitutional Carry. No permit required.

Rifle season is in November. No minimum caliber, but no FMJ bullets. Muzzleloader and Bow season are far longer, if you packed your long johns.

We have a lot of what’s called PLOTS land. Open to all hunters. The government essentially buys hunting rights for all people from landowners on specific tracts of land.
View Quote
I love the constitutional carry, though my fed LE permit allows me all 50 states.  Good to know ND is on our side.

Is rifle "RIFLE" or gun?  Any links to good info on qualifying/disqualifying attributes?  Oklahoma was nice because it was simple "deer gun" season.  So handgun, revo, rifle, shotgun, muzzy, cannon, you name it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:
Nodak arms has a virtual indoor range where you can select what targets are displayed.  Looks like a video game,  but with live rounds.
View Quote
Wow this seems interesting, thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 9/4/2019 1:41:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Springer09:
A good public spot for deer and turkey is the Denby experimental forest 20 miles east of minot. you have to draw tags in June for deer.

Also moose are around minot. It's a once in a lifetime draw.

on the west side of the state ducks, geese, pheasants, and grouse are plentiful. Same with prairie dogs and coyotes

most people moving to minot complain about ND,  they are usually air force personal that thinks this state is a bleak wasteland. personally I like the lack of people and the cold gets rid of the liberal riff raft.
View Quote
Thanks for the tips!  I'm from Iowa, so I'm looking forward to less people, and better views without all the 8ft corn on both sides of the highway  Oklahoma has been good to me, but it smells like dirt.  I miss the clean northern air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top