Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2020 10:51:07 AM EDT
I'm about moving to CT and wanted to clear up a few questions. I apologize in advance but some of the questions are not clear on the research I've done here in this forum.

1) If I were to build a "Other" firearm CT states a barrel less than 12" is considered a pistol, but most threads I've read and gun stores in CT selling "Other" firearms say their barrel lengths are 12.5" long. If I bring a upper with a barrel that is 12" long exactly with no muzzle device is it considered "Not" a pistol? or does it have to be above 12". If it needs to be above 12" long does a "Non" pinned/welded muzzle device count?

2) Magazine limit of 10 rounds in a LCM body says it has to be permanent limited to 10. Is there a specific way that need to be accomplished?

3) Can a virgin AR lower bought in another state be brought in to CT to build an "Other" firearm? Also is there any registration that is need to build a "Other"? If the lower can not be brought in does a lower bought from a CT gun store need to be registered or does any special paperwork need to filled out to build an "Other"?

4) My understanding on CT gun laws is out of state pistols or rifles that does not meet AW criteria does not need to be reported or registered to the state of CT?

5) Any gotchas that I would need to know about that pertain to gun laws?

6) I plan to get a CT CCW any advice on how to obtain one to avoid delays?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#1]
1) At least 12" and 26" OAL at the minimum functional length.
2) No, as long as it's permanent. Mag limiters do not count.
3) Yes. No registration required. You can buy lowers here but basically need a CCW to do so, so buy out of state as a stripped.
4) No new assault weapons. If it's banned you can't legally bring it in unless you're military.
5) HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. All of them.
6) Start as soon as you move here, and expect delays. Mine took 6+ mos, largely due to an incompetent police department.

One other piece of advice - don't move here. I did for work and I'm waiting patiently until I can move elsewhere. The taxes, assholes, and broken state in general aren't worth it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Most people say to get a CT non-resident permit BEFORE moving here.  After you move here have it changed to a resident permit.  They say it is faster, and easier.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You are going to jail...... and shit
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By group8:
Most people say to get a CT non-resident permit BEFORE moving here.  After you move here have it changed to a resident permit.  They say it is faster, and easier.

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top