Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2022 5:01:24 PM EDT
I used to live in CT, but moved across the border to RI. Go figure I am now moving back to CT. Since I can't bring my SP5 with me, I am selling it. I have every intent of spending the money I recoup on an interesting/fun, CT-compliant gun. Since I last lived in CT, the laws went to shit, and it appears CT residents can't own pretty much anything anymore... So what's the most interesting gun I could legally own in CT, without breaking the bank? I used to have a Steyr AUG, and am currently selling my SP5, if that gives you a flavor for what I find interesting.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm quite happy with my pre-ban AR configured as a 16" M4gery, with collapsible stock, bayonet lug, A2 flash hider, Aimpoint Comp M4 and DBAL.

Looking into a suppressed .22 now.

Several friends have Others and are quite happy with them too, although I feel safer with a pre-ban.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never found AR's particularly interesting, since everyone and their mom has them. That said, I suppose a pre-ban AR would also scratch my itch to get a can. Any idea what a pre-ban lower goes for these days in CT?
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never found AR's particularly interesting, since everyone and their mom has them. That said, I suppose a pre-ban AR would also scratch my itch to get a can. Any idea what a pre-ban lower goes for these days in CT?
View Quote

It's a matter of time until current restrictions are lifted post Bruen decision.  Not sure pre-ban will be worth it going forward, unless it's a collectible piece, like a Colt with sear block etc.  I would just build/buy an Other and wait and see how things go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's a matter of time until current restrictions are lifted post Bruen decision.  Not sure pre-ban will be worth it going forward, unless it's a collectible piece, like a Colt with sear block etc.  I would just build/buy an Other and wait and see how things go.
View Quote

I would not hold my breath for Bruen.

Buy a preban and enjoy it now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 6:36:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Since I can't bring my SP5 with me, I am selling it.
View Quote

Why sell it? Why not just store it with a friend or family member who lives in a free state. Then if CT's stupid AWB and LCM bans are ever ruled unconstitional due to Bruen you can bring it back in. If you store it with a friend/family in RI you can always return to RI to shoot the gun in the mean time.

Most interesting gun one can legally own in CT? There are plenty, that are not considered to be AW's by the stupid CT laws, including full auto machine guns. The downside to machine guns is the stupid current 10 round or less magazine, belt, link ban.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why sell it? Why not just store it with a friend or family member who lives in a free state. Then if CT's stupid AWB and LCM bans are ever ruled unconstitional due to Bruen you can bring it back in. If you store it with a friend/family in RI you can always return to RI to shoot the gun in the mean time.

Most interesting gun one can legally own in CT? There are plenty, that are not considered to be AW's by the stupid CT laws, including full auto machine guns. The downside to machine guns is the stupid current 10 round or less magazine, belt, link ban.
View Quote

I lived just over the border in RI, while working in CT, so the majority of my friends are in CT. I don't have family in RI, or any friends in RI that I'd trust to hold it. Also, I barely shot the thing while I owned it, so there's a near zero percent chance I'd ever make the trip into RI to go to a range where I could take it for a spin. It's mostly a safe queen that I periodically fondle.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 7:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is my position.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Preban SBR is where it’s at.
I also like my KP9. I form1’d it, AOW, for the use of a folding brace. Just need to get it engraved one of these weekends so I can finish it up.

AK styles, PCC’s (hk clones, b&t, CZ, kp9, whatever), ar’s,  whatever is manufactured or can be bought as a stripped receiver or a pistol from the original manufacture, a CT FFL can “remanufacture” it into an “other” firearm, so you can own it legally.
Check out red planet arsenal, and TGS (both in Waterbury), I hear about swamp yankee on the eastern side of CT but have never been, I hear they do some good stuff too. those shops should have a variety of options that are CT legal.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top