Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 7:22:57 PM EDT
Thought crossed my mind today. If Whitmer makes it into the governorship (which it seems the limp-dick GOP is more than willing to concede to her through Schuette), and they take control of both houses, I think this state is completely fucked. Like, Illinois. So I'm wondering if it might be a good idea to jump ship and head south somewhere without all the libtards to use the govt to destroy our lives.

Am I the only one in this state that feels this way?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I moved to East Tennessee in 2013. Had a UPS driver call the police on me after a mags and ammo delivery, taxes were killer, and an old bitch at the PD would hassle me like crazy every time I'd register a pistol. E TN is paradise. Respect anyone who stays to keep fighting though.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I've though about it. I don't think my wife would be happy about leaving our family though...
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It'll be a return to the Granholm days.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've thought about Northern Alabama or Tennessee.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not leaving, and will continue to fight either way
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been informally looking out of state for about 10 years now. If the Dems take over I’ll get serious about it.

Nobody can afford another 4 or 8 years of a Granholm type government. I sure can’t.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#7]
If you keep running eventually there will be no place to go
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Whitmer will probably win. Are both houses in danger of being taken by the dems?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Over the last few years I've thought about moving to a rural , more conservative area of Michigan before I retire, in about 6 years I figure. (we're in the Evil Empire 313 right now btw).  Or maybe the West side of the state.  Now?  I dunno, maybe getting out of MI altogether before it becomes Illinois at best or Kali at worst would be the intelligent thing to do.  The state is out of it's mind.  Not sure staying and fighting is worth it.  : (
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not leaving, and will continue to fight either way
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#11]
If anyone has been paying attention, the GOP here is screwing us just like the Dem's..the bill's they passing, putting forward, taxes, no reigning in spending, etc..if you are waiting on Dem's to move, you're late.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top