Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Just saw a used 20ga one for sale in Farmington, thought about it, but it's not high on my list right now.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 12:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw a used 20ga one for sale in Farmington, thought about it, but it's not high on my list right now.
View Quote
great now I need a 20ga...
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of prices are you guys seeing? The one shop I saw has them for $450. Seems high.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What kind of prices are you guys seeing? The one shop I saw has them for $450. Seems high.
View Quote
I paid 450 for mine, and didnt even bat an eye.... Think of the little extra as a fuck you tax and smile when you own a short barreled shotgun in NYS
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
$333 from Brownells plus $20 FFL transfer fee.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I paid 450 for mine, and didnt even bat an eye.... Think of the little extra as a fuck you tax and smile when you own a short barreled shotgun in NYS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I saw the $450, I didn't think anything of it. Until I saw PSA selling them for $350ish.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll have to call around to see which FFLs are willing to do transfers on them. I hear a lot won't touch them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 9:16:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine for $400 all said and done.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#9]
PSA has them for $359 shipped, they occasionally have deals on the Tac-14 too
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
PSA has them for $299 today.  Get you some
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'll have to call around to see which FFLs are willing to do transfers on them. I hear a lot won't touch them.
View Quote
where are you located? I know one around here that cant keep them in stock (western NY)
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
where are you located? I know one around here that cant keep them in stock (western NY)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Binghamton area.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a Shockwave tonight from a local L.I. shop for a mere $412 OTD tonight. I plan to put a lot of buckshot through it on Monday.
Link Posted: 12/1/2017 10:40:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t know if this has been covered or not. Can you have one of these loaded in a vehicle?

EDIT:  I'm going to answer my own question.  The Encon Law that prohibits loaded firearms within a vehicle has an exception for revolvers and pistols.  But it refers to "Firearms" without defining what a firearm is for the purpose of Encon Law.  So one must refer back to the Penal Law for the definition of a firearm, which we know this is NOT.  Sounds like you can have one of these in a vehicle, LOADED.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]
McClains in Endicott has on in 20 ga. in stock
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don’t know if this has been covered or not. Can you have one of these loaded in a vehicle?

EDIT:  I'm going to answer my own question.  The Encon Law that prohibits loaded firearms within a vehicle has an exception for revolvers and pistols.  But it refers to "Firearms" without defining what a firearm is for the purpose of Encon Law.  So one must refer back to the Penal Law for the definition of a firearm, which we know this is NOT.  Sounds like you can have one of these in a vehicle, LOADED.
View Quote
I have spent many a nights pondering this myself... But... Ncon law defines a firearm differently than NYS.. If you were to shoot a deer with a shockwave, how would u call in your kill???.... Thats what the tickets gonna read when its loaded in you truck..

ETA cough @Aimless cough Please tell us Im wrong Can you call out a mod like that?
ill give myself a 15 min time out just incase..
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 9:30:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
McClains in Endicott has on in 20 ga. in stock
View Quote
How much? And do they also carry the 12ga, but are just out of stock right now?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
20ga was $415 and 12ga was $395 but out of stock
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:12:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
20ga was $415 and 12ga was $395 but out of stock
View Quote
Nice. Better price on the 12ga than I've seen locally so far. Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
FWIW: The Shockwave (and Remington version) were specifically manufactured to fall into the "other" category and as such I have physically seen several NY Dealers with them for sale on their Tables....Of course, NYS Law is so easy to understand that Judges, DA, and Attorneys spend hours to days pouring over the Law in an effort to understand to....Strange for a State that prides itself on accuracy, and correctness writes shit that a Harvard Law Team find puzzling  
I say go for it, and if someone tells you otherwise tell them to go pound salt.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
12 gauge Remington tac-14 locally for $425
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have spent many a nights pondering this myself... But... Ncon law defines a firearm differently than NYS.. If you were to shoot a deer with a shockwave, how would u call in your kill???.... Thats what the tickets gonna read when its loaded in you truck..
View Quote
I have read this thread several times and am still scratching my head. What a cluster fuck NYS is that we cannot find a simple answer as to the legality of certain firearms. Thankfully the SCPD did respond with letter on the topic of the "Shockwave" but I am sure the NYSP would never do that. The one that blows my mind more than the "Shockwave" is the whole AR15 pistol that is at least 26" overall that when you add a vertical pistol grip to it is no longer a pistol but yet is not a rifle nor a AOW and falls under the category of a "firearm" under federal law. When I speak of an AR15 pistol in terms of NYS think fixed mag thus it is not a so called "AW"

Thought I would share the NYS DEC Regulations.

Definitions

Handgun - is any pistol or revolver intended to be aimed and fired with one hand, and having a barrel length not exceeding 16 inches.

Rifle - is a firearm with a barrel length of at least 16 inches with rifling in the barrel that uses metallic cartridges.

Shotgun - is a firearm with a barrel length of at least 18 inches that uses shells that are nonmetallic except for the base.

Manner of Taking

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

with any semi-automatic firearm with a capacity to hold more than 6 rounds, EXCEPT the following semi-automatic firearms:

firearms using .22 or .17 caliber rimfire ammunition, or

firearms altered to reduce their capacity to no more than 6 shells at one time in the magazine and chamber combined, or

autoloading pistols with a barrel length of less than eight inches.

There are two others regarding shotguns. One is having to have a single round ball during open deer season and the other is about what shot can be used to harvest a turkey. There is nothing else about shotguns.

There is one thing that is absolute and that is that you cannot have a loaded rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle. You can however have a loaded handgun but I just cannot see that it would be legal to have a loaded "Shockwave" in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have read this thread several times and am still scratching my head. What a cluster fuck NYS is that we cannot find a simple answer as to the legality of certain firearms. Thankfully the SCPD did respond with letter on the topic of the "Shock Wave" but I am sure the NYSP would never do that. The one that blows my mind more than the "Shock Wave" is the is the whole AR15 pistol that is at least 26" overall that when you add a vertical pistol grip to it is no longer a pistol but yet is not a rifle and fall under the category of a "firearm" under federal law. When I speak of an AR15 pistol in terms of NYS think fixed mag thus it is not a so called "AW"

Thought I would share the NYS DEC Regulations.

Definitions

Handgun - is any pistol or revolver intended to be aimed and fired with one hand, and having a barrel length not exceeding 16 inches.

Rifle - is a firearm with a barrel length of at least 16 inches with rifling in the barrel that uses metallic cartridges.

Shotgun - is a firearm with a barrel length of at least 18 inches that uses shells that are nonmetallic except for the base.

Manner of Taking

It is illegal to take or hunt wildlife:

with any semi-automatic firearm with a capacity to hold more than 6 rounds, EXCEPT the following semi-automatic firearms:

firearms using .22 or .17 caliber rimfire ammunition, or

firearms altered to reduce their capacity to no more than 6 shells at one time in the magazine and chamber combined, or

autoloading pistols with a barrel length of less than eight inches.

There are two others regarding shotguns. One is having to have a single round ball during open deer season and the other is about what shot can be used to harvest a turkey. There is nothing else about shotguns.

There is one thing that is absolute and that is that you cannot have a loaded rifle or shotgun in or on a motor vehicle. You can however have a loaded handgun but I just cannot see that it would be legal to have a loaded "Shock Wave" in a vehicle.
View Quote
hmmm.... Lets think about this.... You cant have a .308 rifle loaded in your truck, or even leaning against it during deer season... However.. If you have a pistol permit and a pistol chambered in .308 you are good to good... So one would assume that if the shockwave is not a shotgun (even though it shoots the same ammo) there is already a precedent for allowing a loaded weapon in a vehicle that shares ammo as prohibited weapon... ...
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a fixed mag AR15 pistol in 300 BO on my NYS CCW. It has a 8.5" barrel. My original intent was to go slightly less then 8" so I could have added a fixed 10 round mag. The seller of the barrel screwed up and mislabeled it and I was to far along to send it back for the correct one so I went with a fix 5 round mag.

What I am now looking to do is a fixed mag AR15 pistol in 5.56 as a truck gun/coyote killer that I can just toss in my pack.
If I go with a barrel shorter than 8 inches I can add a fixed 10 round mag and still hunt with it according the NYS DEC regs. If I go over 8 inches I am limited to a 5 round mag which obviously limits it for two legged animals.

The problem with going shorter than 11.5 is a huge fire ball, less velocity. Now I know the MK18 works fine with a 10.3" barrel but anything over 8 limits the mag capacity so at that point why not just go 11.5.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 12:46:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

hmmm.... Lets think about this.... You cant have a .308 rifle loaded in your truck, or even leaning against it during deer season... However.. If you have a pistol permit and a pistol chambered in .308 you are good to good... So one would assume that if the shockwave is not a shotgun (even though it shoots the same ammo) there is already a precedent for allowing a loaded weapon in a vehicle that shares ammo as prohibited weapon... ...
View Quote
It is confusing no doubt. I view it this way, since the Shockwave is in fact not a pistol it does not go on your handgun license. So if the only guns/firearms that can be loaded within a vehicle are pistols/handguns than the Shockwave cannot be loaded while in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:51:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Right after they were first introduced, there was a lot of unanswered questions about whether they'd be NY legal.
It's like the hesitation after SAFE passed about being able to transfer lowers.
I'm sure that you'll see less and less hesitation from FFLs as time goes by.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:24:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It is confusing no doubt. I view it this way, since the Shockwave is in fact not a pistol it does not go on your handgun license. So if the only guns/firearms that can be loaded within a vehicle are pistols/handguns than the Shockwave cannot be loaded while in a vehicle.
View Quote
This was my thought all along. However, as the law it written, the shockwave is not shotgun, a rifle, or a firearm? Be hard to write someone a ticket for having a loaded "other" in their truck..
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 1:40:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This was my thought all along. However, as the law it written, the shockwave is not shotgun, a rifle, or a firearm? Be hard to write someone a ticket for having a loaded "other" in their truck..
View Quote
This loophole wont last long. The people in Albany probably have never heard of an "other" class of firearms, but you can bet that just as they'd never heard of bump stocks 90 days ago, once they ARE aware of it, legislation will surely be rushed through Albany.
Do you really want to be the test case?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know of people who have the shockwave on their CCW permit here.

So, if it's on your permit, does that change anything?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This loophole wont last long. The people in Albany probably have never heard of an "other" class of firearms, but you can bet that just as they'd never heard of bump stocks 90 days ago, once they ARE aware of it, legislation will surely be rushed through Albany.
Do you really want to be the test case?
View Quote
not only do I not wanna be the test case, I hope it never becomes a case... It will be easier to just bam them, then create a special classification for them... Tread lightly folks, for now were are lucky to even have these in this state, christ us New Yorkers had them in our hands before folks in texas...
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
If we just go with the only legal opinion put forth on this topic which was from the SCPD and linked in a post on page 2 the answer is that is is not a pistol. So if it is not a pistol how would it go on someones pistol permit, but since County Pistol Clerk's have allowed it according to what you wrote than if it is on the permit than I would think it could be carried loaded while in a vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#32]
So...  will Remington meld their version of this with their new magazine fed 870?   Sure it would be a whole lot less handy, but in the world of novelty fun guns it would be pretty dang cool. :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
You cant conceal it unless you register it as an AOW with the ATF.  It's not a pistol, no reason to put it on a permit.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Anybody pattern Buckshot rounds out of their shockwave/tac 14?  I know that Aguila minishells are sometimes hard to find, but I picked up a couple of boxes of these:

Attachment Attached File

I guess you can stuff one extra round in a standard mag tube.  6 pellets vs. 8 or 9.  Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2017 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Lets hope not!

They cant get the magazines to run reliably as is is!

Instead of going with a 12 GA AK style magazine that works , Remington had to screw the pooch once more and come out with an unproven proprietary design. They have to be precisely measured and then function tested 100% to make sure the customer doesn't get a paperweight!
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I was invited to a private range this morning, so despite the rain, I grabbed my tac-14 and hit the road. I forgot to bring the Herter’s shells, but did bring these:

Attachment Attached File

We thought the Fudds in charge were going to lose their shit, so I fired one round of each at one “evil” silhouette target @ 7 yards.  Here was my impression:

Remington:  recoil was stout. Shot spread was about 6”. Any further and the spread would be less effective.

Hornady Light Magnum:  this stuff has a muzzle velocity advertised at 1600fps.  Recoil did not seem any worse than the Remington. Very tight pattern, about 2 3/4”.  This ammo was bought several years ago, not sure if it’s been renamed, discontinued or what. I’ve always liked it.

Federal:  the full power load shot a pattern of about 5”. The low recoil load went too high, only 4 pellets hit the paper, so I could not determine the spread. Definite reduction in felt recoil.

Aguila Minishell:  the mixture of #4 and #1 buck spread about 7”.  Kind of bummed about this. The shell also got caught in the ejection port, needing a slight amount of assistance.

I feel that further testing is necessary, including the Herter’s shells. I would also like to find Federal’s #1 buck with flite control to try. If the Aguila shells don’t eject properly, I may be selling a few boxes to an interested shockwave owner.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 12:41:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If the Aguila shells don’t eject properly, I may be selling a few boxes to an interested shockwave owner.
View Quote
Where you using this?

https://www.amazon.com/OPSol-Mini-Clip-235457/dp/B01F5REBUM
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Aguila shells don’t eject properly, I may be selling a few boxes to an interested shockwave owner.
Where you using this?

https://www.amazon.com/OPSol-Mini-Clip-235457/dp/B01F5REBUM
As I understood, I thought those were only for the mossberg, not the Remington.
Link Posted: 12/28/2017 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Take the spur off that hand stop and mount it directly to the forearm... Its more better..
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Any word yet on having one loaded in ones car/truck?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Was at Beikirchs today, they said they won't touch them.  Oh and you guys with Serbu's on your permit are going to jail.
View Quote
Saw one at Field and Stream
eta - ok, about 3rd on that
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#43]
How do you shoot the damm thing?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How do you shoot the damm thing?
View Quote
I use my index finger to depress the trigger while the barrel is pointed away from me..
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not trying to give you shit.
I'm seriously curious about how to use one of these.
The FU Mario's Baby Boy effect appeals to me but it doesn't seem either fun or practical to shoot.

Brace against hip is the obvious way to shoot away from yourself but how much more specific can it be?

Can you hold it up like it had an imaginary stock and not eat it on recoil?

eta - saw a vid where he makes the imaginary stock look easy. Is it?
Sure think I'd want a 20

eta2 - somebody asked the same question on GD.  laser sounds like a really good idea on this
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to give you shit.
I'm seriously curious about how to use one of these.
The FU Mario's Baby Boy effect appeals to me but it doesn't seem either fun or practical to shoot.

Brace against hip is the obvious way to shoot away from yourself but how much more specific can it be?

Can you hold it up like it had an imaginary stock and not eat it on recoil?

eta - saw a vid where he makes the imaginary stock look easy. Is it?
Sure think I'd want a 20

eta2 - somebody asked the same question on GD.  laser sounds like a really good idea on this
View Quote
It is very mild to shoot.. You really wont think its a 12 gauge after shooting it a few times.. Ive shot everything under the sun 1 handed out of it, and Im not some huge buff guy and didnt jump out of my hand, or kick to bad..
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#47]
I have been in the state less than a year(Ft Drum) and had no issues purchasing one.

Heres a letter

Copy and paste this url if the link doesnt work:
https://www.dark-storm.com/images/promo/0/SCPD-Shockwave-Letter-5-19-2017.pdf
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#48]
How many states have determined them to be “verboten”?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#50]
But you have stayed at a holiday in... Correct?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top