Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2018 10:07:39 AM EDT
Hartford Courant posts a lengthy article about Adam Lanza after obtaining more than 1,000 documents. GD thread on this article.

Courant exclusive: More than 1,000 pages of documents reveal Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dark descent into depravity
https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-sandy-hook-lanza-new-documents-20181204-story.html

The extent of Adam Lanza’s abject loneliness, the intensity of his scorn for the world, his interest in pedophilia, his astounding list of daily grievances, the reach of his obsession with mass murder — some of the granular details of the Sandy Hook shooter’s last years have been elusive.

Until now.

More than 1,000 pages of documents obtained by the Hartford Courant from the Connecticut State Police, including hundreds of pages of Lanza’s own writings and a spreadsheet detailing the gruesome work of 400 perpetrators of mass violence, bring into sharper focus the dark worldview of a 20-year-old who shot his mother four times as she slept and then killed 20 first-graders and six educators before killing himself at

Diagnosed as a child with a sensory disorder and delays in speech, he would exhibit a quick mind for science, computers, math, and language. The few acquaintances he had as a teenager came from video game arcades and online gaming chatrooms. The newly released writings express a wide range of emotions and rigid doctrine, from a crippling aversion to the dropped towel, food mixing on his plate and the feel of a metal door handle, to a deep disdain for relationships, an intolerance of his peers, a chilling contempt for anyone carrying a few extra pounds, and a conviction that certain aspects of living are worse than death.

At the same time, he also predicted that he would make a good father, because he would treat children as independent little people who just didn’t know a lot yet. In a memo-style letter to his mother, Nancy, who lived in the same house, he encouraged her not to be dejected about her life.

These documents, which had been kept from the public until now, were part of the mass of writings, records, and computer files seized by detectives from the Lanzas’ home after the murders. The Courant mounted a five-year quest to obtain the unreleased documents, eventually winning an appeal before the state Supreme Court.

From the journal entries, school assignments, an erstwhile screenplay involving pedophilia, education records, and psychiatrists’ reports spanning about 15 years of Lanza’s life, several parallel themes emerge, each moving inexorably toward the day when the emaciated loner, crippled by obsession, scornful of most other people, and fascinated by the human capacity for murder, committed his unspeakable act of violence. Some of the writings and psychoanalysis are dated. Many are not.

The documents released by the state police aren’t in chronological order and it’s unclear when Lanza wrote many of them. A number of them are unsigned, though several were downloaded from his computer where they had been stored on his desktop. Lanza removed the hard drives from his computer and smashed them to pieces. The FBI was tasked with trying to retrieve data.

One thing becomes clear as the additional records are examined — Adam Lanza, from the age of about 3 until he was 18, was never off the radar of people who orbited around him — his parents, the teachers and counselors in the schools he attended, the psychiatrists who later tried to figure out what was happening with him. It is evident now that no single person grasped the full picture of what he was becoming.

(see link for rest of article)
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Once again I'm yelling at my newspaper.......WHERe wAs THE FATHER?????????
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I read the father tried to be in the boy's life, but he (Adam) made it very difficult. The last time they communicated was, supposedly, 2yrs before the shooting.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good Question. They got What they wanted out of it. Bi Partisan BULL SHIT.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Everyone knows they were divorced right?

Everyone knows that the father wanted to get him help for years but the mother refused, even after they were divorced right?

Everyone knows that the mother wanted to keep him because a large chunk of the $289,000.00 a year in divorce payments were in child support right?

Apparently not.  The FATHER?  Where was the FATHER after all of the things that went wrong here?

One would think the closing of mental facilities in CT plus the obvious signs observed by outsiders including medical professionals that there was something serious wrong with this asshole PLUS the ignoring of those signals by the over protective mother would be much more to blame.  The father.  Man, this place never disappoints.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Dropped just in time for the 6th anniversary celebration of the murders.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dropped just in time for the 6th anniversary celebration of the murders.
View Quote
Yup!  and this year the 14th lands on the same day of the week as the day it happened.  I remember that Friday night I was online ordering magazines for all the future firearms I ever wanted to own...
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I was reading the GD thread on this asshole and I was pleasantly surprised how many of the tinfoil crowd have either moved on or just don't comment anymore.  Sure there were a couple just like there still are here but hey, those crayons aren't going to eat themselves.

BUT one dude absolutely wins the Arfcom GD Medal of Idiocy for the day and for the first time in ages it wasn't even close.  Roughly, parents should be able to kill....as in murder....their own children should they foresee something like another mass shooter or other sociopath.  Murder.  Your.  Own.  Kid.  Which he then punctuated with "I'm totally serious."  This place rocks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:07:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Still, the article was interesting. It confirmed a lot of the leaks I'd read about, including the spreadsheet & a couple other things.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got nothing good to say.
Top Top