Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2020 1:00:57 PM EDT
Didn't we have a sticky with a listing of LGS's ? We all know the big names in our small state but I'm looking for little honey holes to take a Sunday drive to. I'd rather support our local business

Sportsman Outpost in Wolcott
Gun Shop in Waterbury
Autumn Gun Werks in Goshen
Delta Arsenal in Wallingford
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
6 Guys Firearms and Supplies -Plainfield
Aces Defense- Danielson
1 Stop Tactical - Jewett City
Brooklyn Trading Post - Brooklyn
Rt 6 Outpost - just over the state line Foster RI
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Tom's firearms in naugatuck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tactical Boutique in West Hartford (yes, West Hartford) - very small (but nice) shop; the owner and gentleman running the counter are good people.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Google search.......

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHHQ_enUS399US399&ei=5J0HXo-aIs_Z5gKBhIcI&q=Ct.+firearms+dealers&oq=Ct.+firearms+dealers&gs_l=psy-ab.3..38.1609396.1618273..1619091...0.1..0.146.2394.0j20......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i273j0i67j0j0i131j0i131i67j0i10j0i22i30j0i13i30j0i13i10i30j0i8i13i30.3nodaipggBg&ved=0ahUKEwiPnIPI-9jmAhXPrFkKHQHCAQEQ4dUDCAs&uact=5
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tom's firearms in naugatuck!
View Quote
Totally.  Love that place.  10mins from my house, 5mins from work. Great hours. Super nice people and carry good ammo.

Also
Blue Cord in Southbury/Southford. Even closer than Tom's but have only been in 1x.  Coworker is lookin to get his permit and they have a great price on classes.

Autumn Gun Works in Goshen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#6]
In New Milford:
Jolly Roger
The Freedom Shoppe

Southbury:
Southbury Trading Post
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#7]
111 Elite Firearms Monroe CT Rt. 111. GREAT PEOPLE.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 2:30:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Center Sports, Columbia CT
Central Connecticut Arms, Portland CT
Tobacco Valley Gun, East Windsor CT
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In New Milford:
The Freedom Shoppe
View Quote
Are they still open after all of their BATFE difficulties?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In New Milford:
The Freedom Shoppe
Yes he's only open Friday and Saturdays though...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Statewide Armory at the Salem Rotary.
Rons Guns in East Lyme.
There’s a place on Rt 32 in Norwich between the Norwich Inn & Spa and the Nissan Dealer.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Valley Firearms in Shelton was a shop that frequently had some very interesting used guns online. Over the past several years I bought numerous guns from them and appreciated my trips down there to pick things up. Unfortunately, I received this email notification from Jeff at Valley Firearms an hour ago.

Hello.

It is with extreme sadness that I send this message to let you know that Rick Millo passed away last week. He suffered a devastating stroke while at the shop and did not recover. Rick was on the phone with his brother Joe at the time of his stroke, so they were able to get emergency personnel to him within 10 minutes to give him a fighting chance.

The blessing is that Rick did not die alone at the shop. He passed peacefully at Yale New Haven hospital surrounded by his family.

I've been in contact with Rick's family and they have asked me to thank you all for your support and kind words.

As we work through the dissolution of Valley Firearms, we will be addressing all open orders, deposits and any other outstanding items.

Thank you for all of your support through the years and during this difficult time.

-Jeff
View Quote
Please note that I have no connection to Valley Firearms (other than being a repeat customer), Rick, or their family.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Valley Firearms in Shelton was a shop that frequently had some very interesting used guns online. Over the past several years I bought numerous guns from them and appreciated my trips down there to pick things up. Unfortunately, I received this email notification from Jeff at Valley Firearms an hour ago.

Please note that I have no connection to Valley Firearms (other than being a repeat customer), Rick, or their family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hello.

It is with extreme sadness that I send this message to let you know that Rick Millo passed away last week. He suffered a devastating stroke while at the shop and did not recover. Rick was on the phone with his brother Joe at the time of his stroke, so they were able to get emergency personnel to him within 10 minutes to give him a fighting chance.

The blessing is that Rick did not die alone at the shop. He passed peacefully at Yale New Haven hospital surrounded by his family.

I've been in contact with Rick's family and they have asked me to thank you all for your support and kind words.

As we work through the dissolution of Valley Firearms, we will be addressing all open orders, deposits and any other outstanding items.

Thank you for all of your support through the years and during this difficult time.

-Jeff
Damn.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Hello.

-Jeff
Bought a few things there when I lived down that way.
RIP Rick.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

10mins from my house, 5mins from work. Great hours.
View Quote
That's the same description I used to have of the Freedom shop in New Milford, my gun collection grew exponentially when I lived there

Is Housatonic valley firearms still open in New Milford?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#16]
A guy at work was telling me about a new shop that opened up in torrington,  I did a quick google search it's called A and J guns....
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Red Planet Arsenal in Waterbury  
Red Planet Arsenal
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Connecticut Carries Guns & Ammo in Sterling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone see Polymer80’s sold or still being sold locally ?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]
There is (or was) a place called Steve’s Guns in Vernon.

I don’t know if I would ever recommend going there but it’s on Rt83.

I stopped in a few years ago when I noticed it and was basically stared right out of the shop. The guy working the counter (I assume Steve) and another guy were talking, and when I walked in they stopped completely and just stared at me until I left. I tried making small talk but I apparently interrupted a very important conversation so I left.

It’s not much of a shop. Picture a shitty little house with a breezeway, and the breezeway has a bunch of glass cases and a cash register. That’s the place.

ETA: Google street view. The left 1/3 of the building was it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is (or was) a place called Steve’s Guns in Vernon.

I don’t know if I would ever recommend going there but it’s on Rt83.

I stopped in a few years ago when I noticed it and was basically stared right out of the shop. The guy working the counter (I assume Steve) and another guy were talking, and when I walked in they stopped completely and just stared at me until I left. I tried making small talk but I apparently interrupted a very important conversation so I left.

It’s not much of a shop. Picture a shitty little house with a breezeway, and the breezeway has a bunch of glass cases and a cash register. That’s the place.

ETA: Google street view. The left 1/3 of the building was it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252780/33DA54F3-F94B-4161-BB24-7D1F17165CD0_jpe-1270735.JPG
View Quote
Steve’s is still there. I went in there once. There were two guys behind the counter. No real effort was made to assist my friend and I. I did not see anything new. Mostly overpriced milsurp and old fudd guns.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#23]
not since last summer at delta.

Quoted:
Anyone see Polymer80’s sold or still being sold locally ?
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top