Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2023 9:04:50 PM EDT
Here visiting on vacation.

What’s the locals think of the ATV/sxs crowd that comes to the area?

Is it always this crazy or just Memorial Day weekend?

The park itself wasn’t all that busy at all today.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
From where in GA are you from?  I’ve lived in Utah for about 5 1/2 years.  We love it here.  The locals in Moab are quite used to the SxS and other off-road vehicles.  It’s kind of the best place in the world to go rock crawling, etc.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
From NE GA.

So far from what I’ve seen of the sxs crowd they seem to be a bit of a plague that infest the town?

Is that an accurate representation?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, most of the locals hate the side-by-side’s. Oh well.

I don’t live in Moab, but I have clients there and that’s what they tell me anyway.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
We have some staying in the house next to us. All of the adults are drunk and kids running around unsupervised in the road. Also seen them out riding the town with the kids in the buggy.

Typical shit human behavior.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]
SxS's are the wake board boats of the forest. So many unfavorable people are out there trashing our public lands now days on them it makes me quite sad.

As a RZR owner, I do my best to buck the trend.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spud:
SxS's are the wake board boats of the forest. So many unfavorable people are out there trashing our public lands now days on them it makes me quite sad.

As a RZR owner, I do my best to buck the trend.
View Quote

That seems to be a really good analogy.

And I’m pro four wheeler bought a new Kawasaki Mule trans before we left on this trip.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Moab is always trying to ban atvs, ban rentals etc trying to get atvs banned and trails shut down etc
View Quote

It is wild watching the self destruction of something by the people who love it most.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Moab is always trying to ban atvs, ban rentals etc trying to get atvs banned and trails shut down etc
View Quote

From what I seen I can’t blame them for some of it.

Is a pretty cool place. We are gone from there now. At Grand Canyon now.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

This^ Moab is ran by tree huggers and just like everything liberals touch they ruin. Hurricane and Sand Hollow have a completely different approach to the UTV off road crowd that is a lot more welcoming.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 3:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Wyominer:

This^ Moab is ran by tree huggers and just like everything liberals touch they ruin. Hurricane and Sand Hollow have a completely different approach to the UTV off road crowd that is a lot more welcoming.
View Quote

Yup.

Attachment Attached File
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top