Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 7:16:15 PM EDT
I wish my kids had the freedom to roam the hills
and creeks of western PA like I got to do.

Trekking through mayapples, and swinging on
"Tarzan" vines, catching crayfish and trout, harvesting
crabapples and berries... I wouldn't trade those experiences
for any electronic shit kids have now.

Most of my PA family are dead, or living in FL.

Just one former Pennsylvanian's thoughts.

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I miss it too but am headed back for vacation. Soon after that there’s a possibility of going back permanently. Family, hunting, fishing and riding are all dearly missed. Colorado has all those except family but they just aren’t the same.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your post.

Western PA defined the parameters of my life.

We kids roamed the hills, valleys, and creeks as early
as 3 or 4 years old.  I thought life would be as wide open
and interesting as my childhood on a PA hillside.

Life doesn't give us that true freedom as adults though.

Link Posted: 8/9/2023 10:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I’m still here Ambridge 77. After seeing your post and picture I’m from economy. The only time I get to experience the wilds you talk about is hunting and fishing. Which I don’t do enough of. It seems all I do is work.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By josepi:
Well I’m still here Ambridge 77. After seeing your post and picture I’m from economy. The only time I get to experience the wilds you talk about is hunting and fishing. Which I don’t do enough of. It seems all I do is work.
View Quote

Beaver county.. represent!
Link Posted: 9/3/2023 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Grew up in Center Twp.  All summer fishing in Billigen's pond, all winter chasing squirrel and rabbits with my Kresge single shot 20 ga. I got when I was 12.  All my family in Aliquippa and Ambridge, just a few cousins left and an aunt.  All the old-timers are gone.  I've been in eastern PA, Delaware County for the last 25 years.  Just not the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top