Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2023 2:56:26 PM EDT
This mild weather can suck my balls. We need a hefty dose of Californian Repellent.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

If this continues our rivers and lakes are gonna be hurting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Last report I read was that a strong El Nino out in the Pacific was causing warmer conditions over the northern tier of the US. It was expected to fade starting in January.

There's snow in the 14 day forecast for the Flathead. Hope it happens.

Looking out my dining room window at broken snow on the ground and 1/2" of frost on the trees is pretty and I'm ahead almost a cord of firewood vs an average winter but I'd rather have 2' of snow and temps around 10.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:
Last report I read was that a strong El Nino out in the Pacific was causing warmer conditions over the northern tier of the US. It was expected to fade starting in January.

There's snow in the 14 day forecast for the Flathead. Hope it happens.

Looking out my dining room window at broken snow on the ground and 1/2" of frost on the trees is pretty and I'm ahead almost a cord of firewood vs an average winter but I'd rather have 2' of snow and temps around 10.
View Quote

Agreed. However, it is making me less sad about being broken and not able to snowboard . The fog the last few evenings has been crazy and making my exterior cameras record "motion," but it sure is making for pretty trees in the morning. Hopefully things change in January...I also noticed the extended now has snow so I'm hopeful!
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My concern is the long term affects going into the summer and wildfire season. There is almost no snow in Neihart by my cabin that is usually snowed in by now. Showdown was able to open Christmas weekend only because they had the snow machines running 24/7. Farmers have to be freaking out with no moisture as well,does not bode well for the winter wheat harvest.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you forget about 2021?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

We haven't had much over here except for the fire by redlodge
. That has been prime to burn for decades.

Last big fire I was on was over by decker. Roughly 6 years back. I think it was 150k acres.
View Quote
Come do a fire study or something on my place, btw.

Tell me how likely I am to die if Blue Creek responds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:

I can tell you you are going to die if you rely on them. lol.
View Quote
Jokes on you, guess who I'm calling if my valley is on fire?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Last year was cold and snowy for a long time.

Every year is different.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like late this coming week will be fun.

Plus, 1-3" tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Woke up to a couple inches of snow coming down - but honestly I'd like more of the highs being below zero during the day. Give me a few weeks of solidly -40° lows and I'll agree that it's winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top