Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2018 9:22:27 AM EDT
I know a couple of us are out in the Middleton area so spreading the word to whomever wants to listen.

This Tuesday 08/28 there is a vote on a school bond. The bond will cost homeowners $495 per $100K valuation. They just tried this last yr and it only lost by a little over 100 votes. So if you're in a voting mood I encourage you to turn out a vote again to defeat this money grab.

I'm voting no, and you should to.

Vote early, vote often.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Kinda curious about that.

Googled it.  Story is due to more home owners and rising property values means there will not be a net increase.

While everything is perfect.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the bond going to be used for (other than for the school district)?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny thing about bureaucrats, they have no problem spending our money on things they think are essential. I have not done any audits or deep dive into this I'm just sick of my taxes going up because these bureaucrats thing we're all swimming in cash.

This bond is just for the school district and whatever capital improvements they dem essential. How about instead of a bond that costs all of us they impose a deep impact fee, through the building dept, for schools to cover growth by those causing the growth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought there was a new elementary school on the bond.

Perhaps if the folks from Star want to move into our area so damn bad they can bring a couple of schools with them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the bond going to be used for (other than for the school district)?
View Quote
Teaching 6 yo kids the difference between a Man, Woman, Transgender, Homosexual, Lesbian, Pansexual, Asexual, Bi-sexual, Try-sexual and any other ways of telling boys and girls it's ok to have a gang bang as long as everyone is under 18.

And that Firearms are Icky.....

Please vote this Down............. I live in Middleton, I don't want my money to go to this Kaliforniastan Propaganda Bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Any of the Middleton folks on Facebook?  If so, join Middleton Matters.  After the vote failed, many of the YES voters came out in force against the NO voters.  It got pretty bad with the derogatory comments.  Join and check it out.  These are some your neighbors...
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess I better go check and make sure my wife is behaving herself.  

The problem in Middleton is we have people living in the really nice neighborhoods and then the folks in not-so-nice trailers.  I am not sure many of them could afford "just a little bit more" in taxes.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#8]
This kind of crap sometimes passes in Boise.  And people who don't even own property get to vote on them.

Fuck that with a hand grenade.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This kind of crap sometimes passes in Boise.  And people who don't even own property get to vote on them.

Fuck that with a hand grenade.
View Quote
Which is pure bullshit, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 11:51:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Predictably, they are coming back in Nov with a different tactic. How about 3 separate bonds?

They are determined to dig into your wallet.

https://idahonews.com/news/election/middleton-voters-to-vote-on-three-school-bond-proposals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top