Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2018 7:28:37 PM EDT
I'm a transplant(NY refugee) that's been in Kennebunk for a few years. We usually go up to Bar Harbor for vacation but this year I'm leaning towards a mid coast town.

It's my wife and me with 2 & 4 year old girls. Bar Harbor is fun for us but I don't think it will be ideal for toddlers. I'm leaning towards Boothbay Harbor right now.  It looks like it checks all the boxes beaches, aquarium, and botanical gardens. My parents are coming in so we will have a few nights with a babysitter and we never get to go out alone.

Does anyone have feedback on the town?  Family friendly, beaches for toddlers, restaurants and entertainment?  If so any recommendations for where to stay.  We will be going up week of 8/20.

ETA: If that's not a good place any other ideas within 3 hours of Kennebunk?
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Ft. Knox in Prospect.  Right at the edge of your three hour distance.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ft. Knox in Prospect.  Right at the edge of your three hour distance.
View Quote
I'll check it out thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 12:14:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I had driven by Ft. Knox a bunch of times on my way up to Acadia but finally stopped to check it out on my last trip. Pretty neat. I expected it to be like most of the other forts where there is  not much left but a stone building. This was much more than that IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top