Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 10:17:08 PM EDT
I've just gone through a huge ordeal with Chase where they accused me of fraud for writing a check to myself to move cash between accounts, and it has pissed me off.  I don't trust them anymore- I had most of my liquid cash hanging in limbo and nobody knew what they were doing in the local branch offices or their call center.

So...

I want to look at working with a smaller bank/credit union where customer service still exists.  There are a few branch offices for MidFlorida Credit Union in my area, and they seem to have the type of checking account I need.  Does anyone here have experience banking with them?

Any good experiences with other small regional banks or credit unions?

I need a basic checking account, although I want the option of opening a business account in the future for some side hustles that I might try to grow.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#1]
In you are in Gainesville, Ocala, or Lake City I love Campus Credit Union.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
We've been happy with Space Coast.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the space coast option.........been with 'em for many years with no issues whatever.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for Campus.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've just gone through a huge ordeal with Chase where they accused me of fraud for writing a check to myself to move cash between accounts, and it has pissed me off.  I don't trust them anymore- I had most of my liquid cash hanging in limbo and nobody knew what they were doing in the local branch offices or their call center.

So...

I want to look at working with a smaller bank/credit union where customer service still exists.  There are a few branch offices for MidFlorida Credit Union in my area, and they seem to have the type of checking account I need.  Does anyone here have experience banking with them?

I need a basic checking account, although I want the option of opening a business account in the future for some side hustles that I might try to grow.
View Quote

Not that you need more ammo: but Chase is about the furthest thing you can get from being conservative friendly. They openly discriminate against us
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm happy with Campus.
https://campuscu.com/atmslocations/
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I think you are on the right track going with the credit union. I can't comment on that particular one but I joined Fairwinds and really like it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So...

View Quote

I did not know writing yourself a check out of your acct to deposit in another acct you have was fraud. Am I missing something here because I've done that several times. Don't get it. You can do what ever the hell you want with your money. How did they consider that fraud.

But I've heard and read bad things about Chase
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We've been using mid Florida for many years and been very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top