Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2021 7:31:03 AM EDT
Senate Codes agenda for Wednesday, May 19 @ 11:30am.

S-4116, Requires semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in this state to be capable of microstamping ammunition.

S-5026, Requires police officers to take temporary custody of firearms when responding to reports of family violence.

Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
For every one of these bills they keep pushing, I find myself more and more hoping SCOTUS delivers a tactical nuke on this state with NYSRPA v Corlett. I know it is a pipe dream but Strict Scrutiny would go a long way toward putting this state on the defense instead of the offense.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m currently living about 10 miles from the PA line

I’ve been renting for now since I retired and have been preparing to purchase a farm or land

Only reason I haven’t left NY is because my kids are still in high school and I’m already about 50 miles from them......starting to get so used to the long drive each week that 15 more miles really won’t matter

If my kids were older I’d be long gone and in Tennessee
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...I'd be long gone and in Tennessee
View Quote
I'd love to visit Hickok45
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’d be long gone and in Tennessee
View Quote

Once you move you will not look back.. I have zero reason to set foot back in NY..  

NJ will be the same after my mother and in laws past.  

Born and raised in NY for 47 years but my heart and soul belongs to the south.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...I'd be long gone and in Tennessee

You two and me too!
Hickok45 very much reminds me of my Father.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#6]
S-4116 has been Reported.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
If this passes, Criminals will be leaving NY in droves  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
They are on a rampage to basically make it a back door ban on all guns

Essentially you can’t buy a gun in NY
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Both bills blasted through the committee hearing on a completely partisan vote... they don't even try and hide it anymore... The democraps in the state legislature are going to ram through as much as they can in the next year or two. They own cuomos ass and he'll sign anything they put in front of him. They have the evidence to impeach him in a heartbeat, and he knows it. The minute he doesn't do what they want, they open impeachment hearings and cuomo is sidelined. They own him and he knows it.

In NY, if the assembly brings charges against the governor, he is immediately stripped of his powers and the Lt governor takes over until the hearings are completed.

Cuomo said for years he would never support a millionaires tax because he knew it would drive more of them out of the state... The sexual harassment allegations came up and the legislature started an investigation... All of a sudden a humongous and bloated budget comes out of the legislature voted straight along party lines that includes a millionaires tax, and cuomo signs it without hesitation...

tell me hes not a puppet with a pen at this point...
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Both bills blasted through the committee hearing on a completely partisan vote... they don't even try and hide it anymore...
View Quote

They don't have to because nobody is pushing back against it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top