Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 3:50:53 PM EDT
I know it's Facebook but this group started about two weeks ago and is at 70,000 members. Trying to organize 2nd amendment sanctuary counties in Michigan.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2680700948677621
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was a member for about 2 weeks.  Nothing good came from there.  Mostly posting stuff that was months old and a lot of bickering between people.  It was like GD on meth.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was a member for about 2 weeks.  Nothing good came from there.  Mostly posting stuff that was months old and a lot of bickering between people.  It was like GD on meth.
View Quote
Yeah, I agree. Someone invited me to the group so I could see the posts without joining. It's full of idiots.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...It's full of idiots.
View Quote
On Facebook?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The Berrien County group has been making some advances.  Fine tuning the language into something the county likes is a challenge.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, I agree. Someone invited me to the group so I could see the posts without joining. It's full of idiots.
View Quote
Like people expecting Wayne County to join, stupid?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I attended an overflow-packed meeting of the Livingston County board to make the case for Livingston to also declare itself as a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary County.
We'll see what happens going forward, but it was great to see so many supporters there driving the movement.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Mackinac County represent!
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I attended the Clinton Country one tonight. They are hoping to get a vote next week from the board. Anybody in the area that’s interested should sign the petition and join the group if you do Facebook.

Clinton County 2A sanctuary

ETA I’m going to drop off petitions at Gill-Roys tomorrow for those that don’t do Facebook or just need a reason to stop and buy a new toy
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Probably too much to hope for Oakland Co. to become a sanctuary...
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Clinton County board of commissioners voted this morning to adopt the resolution to make the county a 2A sanctuary county

Clinton County 2A sanctuary
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Montmorency County here...Sheriff and the county support 2A sanctuary...

ATLANTA  The Montmorency County Board of Commissioners on Wednesday joined several other counties in Northeast Michigan in becoming a Second Amendment sanctuary.

By passing the resolution, the board affirms its support for the Sheriff and the Prosecutor "in the exercise of their sound discretion to not enforce against any citizen an unconstitutional firearms law."

Commissioners approved the resolution 3 to 2 with Chairman Bert LaFleche and Commissioner Gary Girardin casting the dissenting votes. Vice Chairman Daryl Peterson and Commissioners Don Edwards and Dave Wagner voted in favor of the resolution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top