Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2022 6:28:08 PM EDT
Does anyone have any info around speeding up the process to recieve an answer on purchase permits or CCH applications in Mecklenburg county?

The lawsuit from GOA and GOF to the county, did that result in anything? I feel like I will be waiting a year plus for my answers on my permits and CCH.

What can I do?
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You can do nothing

The high Sheriff does not want you to own a gun and so he makes it as hard as possible to get a permit.  He makes the system work for him, not you

You have to be patient and hope for better times

ETA:  I filed my renewal for CC on 6/28/2021.  I permit was renewed on 1/25/2022

Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the status on the lawsuits?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 12:36:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine took a year to get...its painful
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Got a buddy of mine that renewed his back end of Aug/early Sep.  Just got his renewal in mail yesterday there in Meck county.

I on the other hand applied for my renewal in Brunswick county from UAE 3 Oct 21, snail mailed the notarized forms in and received mine back on 24 Nov 21.

Suggest you run for sheriff.

CD
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a buddy of mine that renewed his back end of Aug/early Sep.  Just got his renewal in mail yesterday there in Meck county.

I on the other hand applied for my renewal in Brunswick county from UAE 3 Oct 21, snail mailed the notarized forms in and received mine back on 24 Nov 21.

Suggest you run for sheriff.

CD
View Quote

I wish it were that easy.  Mecklenburg county sheriff Hollywood McFadden is a Soros/D-party installed puppet.  No matter who runs against him, they will never be able to compete with the absurd amount of money he receives from the leftist maggots with endless pockets.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any info around speeding up the process to recieve an answer on purchase permits or CCH applications in Mecklenburg county?

The lawsuit from GOA and GOF to the county, did that result in anything? I feel like I will be waiting a year plus for my answers on my permits and CCH.

What can I do?
View Quote

there is no CCH permit it is a CHP (Concealed Handgun permit) and if I'm not mistaken the sheriff is require by law to approve or deny your application with in a certain time frame.

here it is

§ 14-415.15.  Issuance or denial of permit.

(a)        Except as permitted under subsection (b) of this section, within 45 days after receipt of the items listed in G.S. 14-415.13 from an applicant, and receipt of the required records concerning the mental health or capacity of the applicant, the sheriff shall either issue or deny the permit. The sheriff may conduct any investigation necessary to determine the qualification or competency of the person applying for the permit, including record checks. The sheriff shall make the request for any records concerning the mental health or capacity of the applicant within 10 days of receipt of the items listed in G.S. 14-415.13. No person, company, mental health provider, or governmental entity may charge additional fees to the applicant for background checks conducted under this subsection. A permit shall not be denied unless the applicant is determined to be ineligible pursuant to G.S. 14-415.12.

(b)        Upon presentment to the sheriff of the items required under G.S. 14-415.13 (a)(1), (2), and (3), the sheriff may issue a temporary permit for a period not to exceed 45 days to a person who the sheriff reasonably believes is in an emergency situation that may constitute a risk of safety to the person, the person's family or property. The applicant may submit proof of a protective order issued under G.S. 50B-3 for the protection of the applicant as evidence of an emergency situation. The temporary permit may not be renewed and may be revoked by the sheriff without a hearing.

(c)        A person's application for a permit shall be denied only if the applicant fails to qualify under the criteria listed in this Article. If the sheriff denies the application for a permit, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, notify the applicant in writing, stating the grounds for denial. An applicant may appeal the denial, revocation, or nonrenewal of a permit by petitioning a district court judge of the district in which the application was filed. The determination by the court, on appeal, shall be upon the facts, the law, and the reasonableness of the sheriff's refusal. The determination by the court shall be final.  (1995, c. 398, s. 1; 2005-343, s. 1; 2011-268, s. 17; 2015-195, s. 14.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:11:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Filled out the online portion first thing yesterday, including uploading a copy of my DL.

There’s some wonky statements you have to agree to in order to proceed. Things that would confuse people if you didn’t really know better.

Printed out the 14 pages, and took it to work since we have a notary. You need seven pages notarized…the renewal insert and six, yes six, different medical release forms. What a crock. I came home and scanned the pages and uploaded them. Guess I’ll report back in 5-7 months.

I did skip uploading the last page. There are two copies at the end that are duplicates, except one labeled Sheriff’s Office Copy and one labeled Applicant’s Copy. I didn’t see the need to upload my copy. I almost skipped a couple other pages (for example, one page is simply a list of disqualifying criminal offenses), but went ahead and scanned it.
View Quote

My personal opinion, and just my opinion, they make it as difficult as possible, loosely following the statute, for us to renew our permit

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Still working it’s way through the court. I have it on good authority that the sheriff will be deposed on 5/3….

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is the status on the lawsuits?

Still working it’s way through the court. I have it on good authority that the sheriff will be deposed on 5/3….

@NoloContendere

Great news!  Is there a current fundraiser for your efforts? I’ve bought dillos in the past and would love to contribute again.

If a group of you fellas get together for a beer/supper one evening when you are in town, let me know.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's a Gun Owners of America and Grass Roots North Carolina case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@NoloContendere

Great news!  Is there a current fundraiser for your efforts? I’ve bought dillos in the past and would love to contribute again.

If a group of you fellas get together for a beer/supper one evening when you are in town, let me know.

It's a Gun Owners of America and Grass Roots North Carolina case.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
deposition of sheriff postponed... for now.
View Quote

Why and how much longer do people have to deal with their rights being trampled?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Somebody on a local board posted this earlier today:

https://i.postimg.cc/DZKjCb3C/0-F43-B688-F846-4535-B6-FB-809-E24330515.jpg
View Quote

Now let’s see how it actually effects him. I have my doubts it’ll change anything.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top