Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2020 10:18:41 AM EDT
A family friend from TX is planning to take a couple of bison with his daughter in September.  They will be there for a week and he is looking for a processor that can have the meat packaged so they can take it with them.  

He took a bison there before but said that processor is out of business or retired and he is looking for recommendations.

Twin Pine Ranch has these listed on their webpage:

Butcher Block, Laramie, Wyoming, Alan Johnson, 307-745-4534

Pat's, Casper, WY, 307-237-3045. (Does vacuum packing.)

Dan’s Meat Processing, 307-235-3157, Casper, WY

Is anyone familiar with any of these?  Have any other recommendations?

He lives in west Texas so a processor south of the ranch might be preferable.  Are there any in Cheyenne?

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/22/2020 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I've used Pat's and Butcher block before. They do a good job. Every town in Wyoming has at least one wild game processor, and they all usually ship to out-of-state hunters.
View Quote

This guy has taken bison at Twin Pine before.  In the past he found a processor who would do the butchering, packaging, and freeze the meet in 2 days so he didn't have to pay for shipping.  That processor retired.  He is hoping to find someone else who will process the meat in 2-3 days.

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 7:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ooof... Yeah, that might be hard.

Best bet would be to call around and offer a little cash to get that done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy has taken bison at Twin Pine before.  In the past he found a processor who would do the butchering, packaging, and freeze the meet in 2 days so he didn't have to pay for shipping.  That processor retired.  He is hoping to find someone else who will process the meat in 2-3 days.

Ooof... Yeah, that might be hard.

Best bet would be to call around and offer a little cash to get that done.

I was hoping someone on arfcom would say "I know of a place that can do that."  I am lazy and figured someone would do the work for me.    Another thing is that I think a lot of this kind of business is not really advertised much and some don't even have a website.  

I'll probably go by the Sportsman's Warehouse and see if they have part of their bulletin board dedicated to meat processors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top