Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 8:48:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#1]
What you want to bet that the packing was mismarked by someone in China?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude is in so far over his head it would be scary but if only Birmingham wasn't already such a lost cause anyways.

Oddly enough, betting odds are that he's far more competent, and capable of leading Birmingham to better times than the past dozen mayors.

This story would have involved the mayor taking a large kick back with the knowledge that they'd get the shittier masks verses either sheer incompetence, or just bad luck in Woodfins case.

I still feel kind of bad for the dude for having to handle the Cupcake abduction/murder not to long ago.....has to be the worst job a mayor has to do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreasyEasy:
Dude is in so far over his head it would be scary but if only Birmingham wasn't already such a lost cause anyways.

Oddly enough, betting odds are that he's far more competent, and capable of leading Birmingham to better times than the past dozen mayors.

This story would have involved the mayor taking a large kick back with the knowledge that they'd get the shittier masks verses either sheer incompetence, or just bad luck in Woodfins case.

I still feel kind of bad for the dude for having to handle the Cupcake abduction/murder not to long ago.....has to be the worst job a mayor has to do.
View Quote

I just came to the same conclusion about the Mayor of Montgomery.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I just came to the same conclusion about the Mayor of Montgomery.
View Quote

He's in way, way over his head.  I don't think he has a clue about what he should do as mayor.  But, he will get relelected no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Montgomery is gone.  I've been reliably told that the number of folks looking to move to Autauga and Elmore Counties had jumped significantly since the mayoral election.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He's in way, way over his head.  I don't think he has a clue about what he should do as mayor.  But, he will get relelected no matter what he does or doesn't do.

Montgomery is gone.  I've been reliably told that the number of folks looking to move to Autauga and Elmore Counties had jumped significantly since the mayoral election.
View Quote

Yep, Autauga and Elmore Counties are a seller's market right now, especially in certain areas of Prattville, Millbrook, Wetumpka, and Tallassee. However, the greed of some sellers aggravates me, because comparable house about an hour east (Auburn) and an hour and a half north (Shelby County metro area) offer more real estate for the money, and both have better school systems, as well job markets, excluding .gov / .mil.

Montgomery is a buyer's market if you want to become a slumlord.

Just a few months ago, a local realtor was fired for saying something about "For Sale" signs going up in Montgomery when the current mayor was elected. Some people can't handle the truth.

All comments JMHO, YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top