Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2019 7:54:37 PM EDT
It looks like the Maud Roads range will be closed for the summer.  DNR put out a message that the road is going to be worked on and it will be closed from the end of the pavement to the water at Jim Lake.  The time frame is from 15 April 2019-31 July 2019.  Looks like the RAMBO'S will have to find some place else to trash!
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by "RAMBOS"?  I havent been out there too many times but everytime I have been everyone else shooting has been cordial not doing any thing other than bench shooting and the range has been clean.  Pretty much the opposite to every trip that I took to S Cushman when I lived there and shot more.

With that said I have only used the rifle range maybe the pistol range is different.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do you mean by "RAMBOS"?  I havent been out there too many times but everytime I have been everyone else shooting has been cordial not doing any thing other than bench shooting and the range has been clean.  Pretty much the opposite to every trip that I took to S Cushman when I lived there and shot more.

With that said I have only used the rifle range maybe the pistol range is different.
View Quote
This has been my experience as well. The only issue I ran into was last summer on the rifle range. I was talking to a gentleman that was trying to figure out what was wrong with the rifle/scope his daughter was shooting, when a yahoo crossed the firing line and started picking up brass next to us. Outside of that, everyone has been respectful and courteous.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Good range , wish they made it a 300 yard when they were building it.... only observation I have is safety is sometimes lax but most people do clean up after them selves .
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive been there once and I saw a class being taught there. I laughed my ass off. I couldn't imagine a class were the instructor didn't rent out their own range for a couple of hours. We tried to be courteous but it was an introductory class and 80% of was safety demonstration and talking. I kinda felt bad cutting out the old man's words with my gun fire but it's a long ass drive for me and I wasnt about to let that guys class rob me of range time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top