Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2021 7:56:59 PM EDT
Backpeddling spineless beotch...
I actually help to get you in for your only term....

Did she really fold?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you expect anything different from one of the wealthiest members of Congress? Rocking the boat risks all her ill-begotten gains sloshing over the side and being lost.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't see what she did, but I can guess.

I'm not sure there's a single person who even said "it's wrong, but I understand your frustration."
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
We need to primary her after protesting her house
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Y'all sound surprised.

Politicians we have today understand two things.

1.  How to get 're-elected'.

2.  How to line THEIR pockets at the taxpayers expense.

This applies to every politician of BOTH parties.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know what she did either but before everyone decides to tar and feather her keep in mind that she is one of very, very few politicians who has always been a supporter of 2nd Amendment rights, and in this day and time we really need those.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Always been pretty shallow when I've interacted.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a man of my word, screw backpeddling to appease my overlords...we know she agreed with backing Trump objections to election issue...but...to change your mind to look PC....screw that. She ran on his shirt tails and then bailed

Or

Did I hear wrong? Search engines seem wonky today
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm pretty sure I saw her call the DC rally goers domestic terrorists.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#9]
She had objections to multiple slates.

Afterward, without even asking the people she represented, she removed all objections and I think tweeted some unkind stuff about the protest in general.

So did Tim Burchett.

Nobody was there to protest them; they were showing support for their positions.

If I decide to vote again, I will not vote for her.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She had objections to multiple slates.

Afterward, without even asking the people she represented, she removed all objections and I think tweeted some unkind stuff about the protest in general.

So did Tim Burchett.

Nobody was there to protest them; they were showing support for their positions.

If I decide to vote again, I will not vote for her.
View Quote

Surprising for Tim.  He's about the most down-to-earth politician I've seen in and around Knoxville since probably the 80s.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a man of my word, screw backpeddling to appease my overlords...we know she agreed with backing Trump objections to election issue...but...to change your mind to look PC....screw that. She ran on his shirt tails and then bailed

Or

Did I hear wrong? Search engines seem wonky today
View Quote

Understand the frustration but they are politicians and this is how it works. They ride coattails and shift with the winds to remain relevant and in power. Trump lost and the protests are being pinned on him and he is being vilified for not being more “PC” and “instigating.” To support the protests is too dangerous during the changing times. They are betting the majority of Americans don’t agree with the protests and are speaking out accordingly. There are limits in my mind though.

The key is to understand, if at all possible, what the politicians true stance is behind closed doors and what legislation they propose and support. Not always possible to the layman - you have to truly get involved and make those connections.

No politician in their right mind (I suppose a few might dependent on their constituents) is going to come out in support of the DC protest - nor do you really want them to. We need them to largely toe the line to an extent, maintain plausible deniability, and appease the masses of their state to remain in power so they can support us where it matters behind the scenes.

I’m not saying that’s what she’s doing or did just speaking generally.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#12]
"The Soviet Union had a single, entrenched, systemically corrupt political party, which held a monopoly on power. The U.S. has two entrenched, systemically corrupt political parties, whose positions are often indistinguishable, and which together hold a monopoly on power. In either case, there is, or was, a single governing elite, but in the United States it organized itself into opposing teams to make its stranglehold on power seem more sportsmanlike."--Dmitry Orlov

Marsha is a member of Team Establishment...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Given the situation we're in now, if she is all we have, I will still vote for her. I'm not going to sit out any vote.  There's never a politician that I agree with 100%. It's all a game of numbers. I may only agree with her 85% of the time. As long as it's more of a percentage than the other candidate, she gets my vote.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Given the situation we're in now, if she is all we have, I will still vote for her. I'm not going to sit out any vote.  There's never a politician that I agree with 100%. It's all a game of numbers. I may only agree with her 85% of the time. As long as it's more of a percentage than the other candidate, she gets my vote.
View Quote

This pretty much sums it up. It’s a shit sandwich and we all have to take a bite
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep and it's all we're gonna get.

Good conservatives would rather have a good job and do something to better society vs going to DC to become a hack.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Establishment thanks you for your continued support, as does Marsha's offshore accounts.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
We must always vote.

Vote for the most right/conservative candidate there is.

Hopefully we get a primary winner that shares our values.

No vote or 3rd party is a vote for a dem.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hopefully we get a primary winner that shares our values.
View Quote

I hoped the same thing in ‘16.  Didn’t work out.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top