Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee all they have to do is write the report now and say "Guns Bad! Guns Evil! Guns must be banned!". Just saved $25 million

Does anyone have any doubt at all that the result of the so called "research" will be any different?
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I really should look up how to write a request for a grant, make up some bullshit that's what they  want to hear but is so refutable that fifth graders can debunk it, pay myself six figures and call it a day.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really should look up how to write a request for a grant, make up some bullshit that's what they  want to hear but is so refutable that fifth graders can debunk it, pay myself six figures and call it a day.  
View Quote
Grant writing is an art. I tried it for a bit with a volunteer group I am a member of. Besides knowing how to fill out grant requests with the right keywords, there are usually the "essays" embellishing the group's function and stating how the grant will cure cancer, create purple unicorns and the world will join hands in a flower covered field while singing Kumbaya. Those essays basically turn the function into a never ending college English writing course where the pass/fail is getting or not getting the grant.

A charitable group I am with now found someone good at it to do the grant writing. Really takes an experienced person, who more than likely apprenticed under an experienced writer, to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top