Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2020 4:18:32 PM EDT
I hope everyone is well.

I just picked up 250 rounds of 45 ACP ball ammo from Maine Ammo Company in Sanford just to try out their product.  Never bought from them before.

Accuracy was good.  Not too dirty but definitely a lighter load than the Geco I have been shooting.

A friend and I ran a bunch of 45ACP ball Geco ammo and we were both hitting a 8" steel gong at 50 or so yards.

Next mag was the Maine Ammo 45ACP ball and I thought my astigmatism was acting up or something as I was immediately missing the gong.  Turns our I was shooting about 2"-3" low with the Maine Ammo.

I have no way to compare one load to the other.  No cronograph, but would like to know what others impressions are on the Maine Ammo Companies ammo in general.

No comment on the folks there as they are definitely taking the COVID separation thing seriously so no chatting.

Be well
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What's their prices like.  I drive by every morning on my way to work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Only one purchase so far but $88 for 250 rounds wasn’t extreme but they were definitely reloads.

Not sure if that really matters much but I can get factory fresh stuff at White Birch Armory for slightly less and pay no sales tax to boot.

Something to be said for buying local though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:00:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have first hand experience with Maine Ammo Co. And I never will. Several friends have had issues. Squibs, inconsistent velocities, dirty / unburnt powder, etc. Lots and lots of squibs from several different friends. In the beginning, I figured maybe it was teething pains and they'd get it figured out, but I'm STILL hearing about it. So I'm good.

I second White Birch for ammo. Can't beat their prices, and they're having a grand opening for their new building (and indoor range) this weekend (7/18-7/19).
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting about ammo issues.  I'll be extra careful.  

No issues with the first 250 rounds for me, so I just picked up another 250.  $0.50 a round though.  No one else seems to have any right now so it is what it is.

Too bad I don't have time to go see the guys at White Birch today but will get there in the next week or so to check out the new digs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top