Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2019 10:09:18 AM EDT
Look at page 6

Anyone hear anything about this? I tried googling it and it seems no news outlets have picked it up.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I expect some invented exception like, "there has to be a balance between rights and safety, and we don't think this minor inconvenience is an infringement - because we said so."
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I expect some invented exception like, "there has to be a balance between rights and safety, and we don't think this minor inconvenience is an infringement - because we said so."
View Quote
Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
But it would be an infringement on police officers .... amirite ?

Sheesh.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 10:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But it would be an infringement on police officers .... amirite ?

Sheesh.
View Quote
"Some animals are more..."
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
State Attorney General is holding off looking the mag " parts kit" issue until after the State Supreme Court rules on this.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What are the chances it will be in our favor?
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What are the chances it will be in our favor?
View Quote
I'm not holding my breath. There are a bunch of Hickenlooper appointed judges on the court I think.

The question is, where does it go after? What 'circuit' oversees Colorado?
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm not holding my breath. There are a bunch of Hickenlooper appointed judges on the court I think.

The question is, where does it go after? What 'circuit' oversees Colorado?
View Quote
i believe it's the 10th, or 7th.  don't remember
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

i believe it's the 10th, or 7th.  don't remember
View Quote
It's the 10th and it's currently composed of:

Two Trump appointees
Five Obama appointees
Three G.W. Bush appointees
Two Clinton appointees

The Democrats have effectively silenced a good number of pro-2A states by loading the 9th and 10th circuits with liberal judges who will never reverse a shitty state ruling and who will never uphold a good one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Any news on this?
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 3:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
They heard oral arguments.  It might land in our favor - the hearing seemed to go well.

Or it might just do what it always has - the government ignoring the social contracts we have with the states and the federal government in favor of pushing our country further towards the brink.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Any idea on when the court will decide the outcome?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#13]
They have to wait until Soros reads his email and gets back to them with their decision.

Quoted:
Any idea on when the court will decide the outcome?
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#14]
dupe
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 11:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag for outcome. The sanctuary counties are making this interesting.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Figured I would bump this.   3 months now?

They are probably figuring out how to interpret the law to state that actually gun owners are required to report to a bunch of new prison camps.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#17]
If they were to knock it down due to a technicality they would announce sooner than later so that our overlords can pass a new law before the end of the session.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Colorado has preemption laws that should quite clearly stop any new laws regarding firearms from being made. Unfortunately I have a feeling that they will try to skirt preemption by saying it's an accessory or some language like that.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Colorado has preemption laws that should quite clearly stop any new laws regarding firearms from being made. Unfortunately I have a feeling that they will try to skirt preemption by saying it's an accessory or some language like that.
View Quote
Preemption?

Tell that to Denver.

Over a third of the towns/cities in the state are home rule and could use the exact same process to circumvent preemption just like Denver did.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Preemption?

Tell that to Denver.

Over a third of the towns/cities in the state are home rule and could use the exact same process to circumvent preemption just like Denver did.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Preemption?

Tell that to Denver.

Denver got to keep a few of their ordinances because the state constitution explicitly said they're a special case, beyond ordinary home rule. Other cities didn't get that.

The problem with the current case is the state didn't preempt itself, just the cities and counties.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Any update on this or are they just hoping people forget about it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

the state constitution explicitly said they're a special case, beyond ordinary home rule.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

the state constitution explicitly said they're a special case, beyond ordinary home rule.

What part of the state constitution says that?

Quoted:
Any update on this or are they just hoping people forget about it?

Nothing was expected before June/July at best IIRC. With the shit show we're seeing now I wouldn't be surprised if it's much later than that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Fingers crossed, let's hope for the best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top