Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 10:26:08 AM EDT
Please confirm for me, I am a bit out of the loop. Washington still does not have a magazine capacity law, correct? My understanding is the last push was struck down about 3 weeks ago? Or did I miss something...
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please confirm for me, I am a bit out of the loop. Washington still does not have a magazine capacity law, correct? My understanding is the last push was struck down about 3 weeks ago? Or did I miss something...
View Quote

The TL:DR version is:  There are no current magazine capacity limits in Washington State.

More detail:

House Bill 1164 (HB1164) and Substitute Senate Bill 5078 (SSB 5078) failed to pass out of Rules Committee by the required legislative deadline (09 March), thus they are considered "dead" however they are not technically "dead" until the official end of the legislative session, which currently is 25 April 2021.  It would take a lot of political maneuvering to bring those bills forward for a floor vote in each chamber, but in theory this could happen, so we must remain vigilant until the gavel hits the wood (Sine Die, or "end of session").

Having said that:  No bill is really "dead" while the legislature is in session, plus Washington's legislative sessions are technically biennial, meaning the session is two years in length.  So, assuming HB1164 and SSB 5078 do not advance any further this year, they can be brought forward during next year's session (as I suspect they will) as they do not need to be re-introduced and re-read into committee.  After the end of session in 2022, then HB 1164 and SSB 5078 will be officially "dead" and will have to go through the entire introduction and read-ins in 2023.

(edit for clarification)
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Dead, until they put it on the next voting ballot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
You should probably just give any mags that hold over ten rounds to me to avoid any confusion.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should probably just give any mags that hold over ten rounds to me to avoid any confusion.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top