Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2021 11:39:36 PM EDT
I read no machine guns in MT but what about SBR's, SBS and suppressor's.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you read that bs?
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, all legal to own, with proper paperwork of course. Some restrictions on shooting them may apply at private and public ranges though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:02:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Full Auto, SBR, SBS, Cans are all GTG with stamp and walking around papers.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:08:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I might just be confused because it doesn't specifically single out each item is ok with a tax stamp.
Other states specifically single out each individual item that is ok with a tax stamp. I got what is below from nra ila.

Machine Guns, Magazines , Ammunition, etc.A machine gun is defined as a firearm designed to discharge more than one shot by a single function of the trigger. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-302(2).

It is a felony to possess (or use) a machine gun in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of a crime of violence (any forcible felony, robbery, burglary, and criminal trespass) or for any other offensive or aggressive purpose. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-303, 304, 302 (definitions). An offensive or aggressive purpose is presumed when the machine gun is in the possession or use of any person who has been convicted of a crime of violence. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-305.

This law does not prohibit or interfere with the possession of a machine gun for scientific purposes, or the possession of a machine gun that is not usable as a weapon and possessed as a curiosity, ornament or keepsake, or the possession of a machine gun for a purpose manifestly not aggressive or offensive. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-307.

It is a felony for a person to possess, manufacture, transport, buy, or sell a silencer with the purpose of using it to commit an offense, or knowing that another person has such a purpose. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-336.

Montana has no laws prohibiting or regulating "large capacity" magazines.

Montana defines "armor-piercing ammunition" as ammunition "which, if fired from a handgun under the test procedure of the national institute of law enforcement and criminal justice standard for the ballistics resistance of police body armor promulgated December 1978, is capable of penetrating bullet-resistant apparel or body armor meeting the requirements of Type IIA of Standard NILECJ-STD-0101.01 as formulated by the United States department of justice and published in December 1978." State law does not prohibit or regulate such ammunition, although pursuant to Mont. Code Ann.  46-18-224, anyone who is convicted of a crime in which bodily injury occurred or was attempted or threatened and who knowingly used or carried a handgun loaded with armor-piercing ammunition during the commission of the offense is generally liable to an additional sentence for the offense.

It is a crime to knowingly possess a sawed-off firearm, being a rifle or shotgun that, when originally manufactured, had a barrel length of 16 inches or more and an overall length of 26 inches or more in the case of a rifle, or 18 inches or more and an overall length of 26 inches or more in the case of a shotgun, and where the firearm has been since modified so that the barrel length, overall length, or both, are less than these specifications. This does not apply to firearms possessed by a person who has a valid federal tax stamp for the firearm issued by the federal bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives, law enforcement, a person in actual service as a member of the national guard, a bona fide collector of firearms if the firearm is a muzzleloading, sawed-off firearm manufactured before 1900, or firearms that are incapable of being fired and possessed for educational or scientific purposes. Mont. Code Ann.  45-8-340.

Montana has no law prohibiting or regulating "assault weapons."

Link Posted: 8/12/2021 1:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The gun store near me has a fully functional and  transferable  M2.  And a fully functional  SAW.

But WTF do I know?  I'm new to Montana.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The gun store near me has a fully functional and  transferable  M2.  And a fully functional  SAW.

View Quote

Dealer samples
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dealer samples
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dealer samples

??????
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]
All NFA is legal here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

??????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dealer samples

??????

He is implying that they are nontransferable post sample machine guns.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the reply's guys. Was just a little unsure when I read what I posted. Reading and weighting isn't what it used to be.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here are two of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us0aFUssmTs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vCsRpl_3s

ETA: Actually, the same MG, just different uppers, though I do have others.
View Quote

MAX-11/15. Damn!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If people think certain tools are illegal here, then maybe they won't move here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What store? How much for the M2?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SFE in Hamilton. They’re kind of full of shit in there though. They claim all their mg’s are transferable until you try to buy one, then the truth comes out.

I don’t know for sure that the M2 is a dealer sample, but given my experiences there, it probably is.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't  recall  the name.  It's just before  Hamilton.   40k.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

SFE in Hamilton. They're kind of full of shit in there though. They claim all their mg's are transferable until you try to buy one, then the truth comes out.

I don't know for sure that the M2 is a dealer sample, but given my experiences there, it probably is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SFE in Hamilton. They're kind of full of shit in there though. They claim all their mg's are transferable until you try to buy one, then the truth comes out.

I don't know for sure that the M2 is a dealer sample, but given my experiences there, it probably is.

The dude told me there are a bunch  of hoops to jump through  for the  SAW.  But the M2 was ready to be had for 40k.  I don't  know.  I'm new here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top