Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2022 5:04:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx]
Take your skills, wealth, knowledge, and your faith in America and leave.
Just today had 3 people say they are moving out of RI.
Not talking about it. Doing it asap and have or actively getting employment.

I understand that not everyone can do that.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Wish I could…..but at this point it can’t happen.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
FLA is in my future, but I need to wait a year or two before I can go.   Until then I'm fighting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 6:19:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#3]
Originally Posted By JRCmx:
Take your skills, wealth, knowledge, and your faith in America and leave.
Just today had 3 people say they are moving out of RI.
Not talking about it. Doing it asap and have or actively getting employment.

I understand that not everyone can do that.
View Quote
Every person has their own constraints.  Not everyone has the ability to pick up and move, as you rightly acknowledge.

OTOH, and speaking frankly, the Anti-gun folks here in RI are "energized" by their victories and likely to come back for a much bigger bite at the apple in the future.

Personally, I'm "examinating" some plans worked-out beforehand.  I'm not a genius, but Ray Charles could see this coming here in RI.  The Miracle is that we here in RI withstood it so long, compared to other NE States.  thanks to all involved in the struggle!

OTOH, RI-instituted lawsuits and possible SCOTUS decisions just might decide things in our favor, as well as being important for the entire US 2A community.

It's a loss at RI State level.  A Battle lost, but not the War.  

KEEP FIGHTING!   We have some encouraging signs from Scotus concerning yet-to-be decided cases.

I have some pre-planned options which might include my staying in RI, but I have other options.   I'd prefer staying here staying here and fighting, but some other plans involve something different.

FWIW, NOT a wealthy person with a ton of $$ in the bank.  Just an average guy who kept his options open.  

I have been thinking about this situation for some years, and I have options.  Suggested some of these options to others, but got insulting and unhelpful push-back.  Well i have viable options, and they are left scrambling.

Back duiring RevWar, my ancestor, Gen. Nathaniel Greene managed to[i]lose[/i[ every battle he fought against the Brits--Battle of Cowpens excepted.

Somehow he managed to "lose" every Battle and force the Brits into Yorktown, and set them up for ultimate defeat.

I refuse to accept defeat, and honor my ancestors and other Patriots.

Semper Gumby

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By raf:
Every person has their own constraints.  Not everyone has the ability to pick up and move, as you rightly acknowledge.

OTOH, and speaking frankly, the Anti-gun folks here in RI are "energized" by their victories and likely to come back for a much bigger bite at the apple in the future.

Personally, I'm "examinating" some plans worked-out beforehand.  I'm not a genius, but Ray Charles could see this coming here in RI.  The Miracle is that we here in RI withstood it so long, compared to other NE States.  thanks to all involved in the struggle!

OTOH, RI-instituted lawsuits and possible SCOTUS decisions just might decide things in our favor, as well as being important for the entire US 2A community.

KEEP FIGHTING!   We have some encouraging signs from Scotus concerning yet-to-be decided cases.

I have some pre-planned options which might include my staying in RI, but I have other options.   I'd prefer staying here staying here and fighting, but some other plans involve something different.

FWIW, NOT a wealthy person with a ton of $$ in the bank.  Just an average guy who kept his options open.  

I have been thinking about this situation for some years, and I have options.  Suggested some of these options to others, but got insulting and unhelpful push-back.  Well i have viable options, and they are left scrambling.

Back duiring RevWar, my ancestor, Gen. Nathaniel Greene managed to[i]lose[/i[ every battle he fought against the Brits--Battle of Cowpens excepted.

Somehow he managed to "lose" every Battle and force the Brits into Yorktown, and set them up for ultimate defeat.

Semper Gumby

View Quote

Respect and GET SOME
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 7:06:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JRCmx] [#5]
One of the biggest parts of our decision to move (financial aside) was having a state government that was a lot more aligned with our politics and beliefs.

I could not imagine living there during Rona or what we suspect is over the next horizon.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Respect and GET SOME
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raf:

Semper Gumby

Respect and GET SOME
Sorry, but unsure of the meaning of your comment.  Please expand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top