Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 12:51:47 PM EDT
Just in case anyone is interested in actual football...

Home kit stays the same per the MLS 2yr new clubs rule.

Away Kit dropped today - close to last years, but a little different.

Free customisation available until 3/31 if bought through the City Pavillion  $165 (players) /$99 (replica) which is what Adidas charges.

Last year's

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:57:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#1]
I just can't get into the MLS. My brother has season tix.
I miss Saint Louis FC. If you were a regular there with the Louligans, we might know each other.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mp40Gunner:
I just can't get into the MLS. My brother has season tix.
I miss Saint Louis FC. If you were a regular there with the Louligans, we might know each other.
View Quote

MLS is new to me... tmobile had a free season pass so I decided to give it a go.

I'll say it's better than women's soccer, but sometimes it's like watching a 4th division team; not sure what that would be in today's terms, as the premier league only existed in Scotland when I started watching football.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:35:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#3]
STL SC is entertaining, but I agree with you. It isn't exactly top tier when it comes to football.

When you started watching, were you talking about SPL or EPL? You may like arseanal, at least we both agree on Rangers.

Are you originally from Scotland or just follow the SPL?
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mp40Gunner:
When you started watching, were you talking about SPL or EPL? You may like arsenal, at least we both agree on Rangers.

Are you originally from Scotland or just follow the SPL?
View Quote

Was in England when Arsenal had such greats as Pat Jennings. Liam Brady, Graham Rix, Frank Stapleton et al... they even managed to win the FA cup... no Division 1 title though until 89. Premier league didn't exist until 92.

Can remember the kerfuffle when they dared to sign a Celtic player in '83... it might be all rose tinted glasses now, but it was definitely newspaperworthy back then.

Rangers were in the SFL premier division since its formation in 74 until 98 when they broke football and created the premier league (it's all about the $$$). Supporting them comes from my father, and his side of the family being from Glasgow (even had goalie trials for Partick Thistle back in the day)... had 30 years in the UK (Scotland and England) before landing in Misery.

Football on the TV wasn't as copious as it is today, and it tended to be more of a tribal thing (local areas and grandfather to father to son rights of passage attending the terraces - welcome to Wrexham gives you a feel for that.)... that's how you ended up with those intense local derbys/rivalries. TV was highlights on Match of the Day and the FA cup final as an all day event. You'd typically get a game  on Saturday afternoon (you only had 3 channels on the TV), and all the regular programming got booted off if there was a major European game, international, or a serious FA cup replay.

Far different from the landscape today.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mp40Gunner] [#5]
Cool story. I don't have any history connected to Tottenham other than one of my grade school friends came from north London and supported them so I did too.

Now Schalke on the other hand is different. My Oma came from Gelsenkirchen and her entire family were Schalker though and through. Naturally I had to support them. Both my first son and I are members of the club. The new one born a couple weeks ago has already had his membership request submitted. If you're in the STL area, I'd love to meet up and catch a match sometime.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top