Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2018 8:32:03 PM EDT
Interesting article about MDC's telecheck system.  Seems that big brother is watching and tracking if you use it.

http://larrydablemontoutdoors.blogspot.com/2018/10/telecheck-letter_22.html#links
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Grant the Government power, and Government will abuse it.

Shocked, I am not..
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If only they watched parolees like this.  They care more about a stupid deer than a freakin convicted felon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Good article.  Thanks OP
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#4]
The App also tracks your GPS location unless you turn it off.

JUST FYI.........
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never been able to decide who I hate more.  DOC cops or tax cops
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Why am I surprised?
Uninstalled
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
It is fun to use.  The MDC has a feature on their computer system (which they have had for years before telecheck) that tells the agent the amount of time that has expired between purchasing a tag and checking a deer in.  There would be times of like 2 minutes and such (even when you had to buy your tag at the store).  This pretty much gave the agent investigating proof positive that someone took a deer without a tag.  Well now you can buy the tag from the comfort of your tree stand or blind.

'Oh look there's a fat doe, I think I would like to have a doe,' buy tag with app-BOOM!, deer drops, check deer with app.  Agent sees this and wants to know what the hell happened.  Well sir I bought it in the stand.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#8]
IF...... this came from someone who actually was a POST certified conservation agent.... they’re a moron.

If someone’s going to make an accusation that something’s going on how about so,e actual proof of whatever they’re claimi t rather than an anonymous post with zero supporting documentation. - referring to the linked post.

Miranda isn’t required unless a person is in custody and being asked guilt seeking questions.....period.  That’s law enforcement 101....

So someone buys their permit and then immediately checks a deer two minutes later....I’d hope they are checking on that.

So it cross references the hunter safety database to make sure you have your required permit.....I’d hope they are checking on that.

I’ll never understand all the hate for the conservation department.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm as pre LEO as you can get, and some of the MDC agent hate is overplayed, but there have been some rotten apples that have created the atmosphere.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#10]
And the rotten apples seem come from the top down. Remember the 1 million dollar settlement that the MDC had to pay to a agent they fired who spilled the beans on illegal activity by rouge agents?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And the rotten apples seem come from the top down. Remember the 1 million dollar settlement that the MDC had to pay to a agent they fired who spilled the beans on illegal activity by rouge agents?
View Quote
No.  Got a link to that?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No.  Got a link to that?
View Quote
Google is your friend.

http://www.newspressnow.com/news/former-conservation-agent-wins-judgment/article_d5c1e1d7-6bed-5db7-88c5-a33d428295a4.html

If interested in more activities of rouge agents you can contact this person as he has several instances of illegal agent activity documented.
The article below is from 2012.

https://www.lakeexpo.com/boating/fishing_hunting/it-s-now-or-never-to-end-mdc-corruption-abuse/article_da700a34-9576-11e1-9501-001a4bcf887a.html
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IF...... this came from someone who actually was a POST certified conservation agent.... they’re a moron.

If someone’s going to make an accusation that something’s going on how about so,e actual proof of whatever they’re claimi t rather than an anonymous post with zero supporting documentation. - referring to the linked post.

Miranda isn’t required unless a person is in custody and being asked guilt seeking questions.....period.  That’s law enforcement 101....

So someone buys their permit and then immediately checks a deer two minutes later....I’d hope they are checking on that.

So it cross references the hunter safety database to make sure you have your required permit.....I’d hope they are checking on that.

View Quote
MDC has the ability to check for prohibited persons / felons, at the manned shooting ranges.  But they choose not to.  WTF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top