Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2020 8:38:04 PM EDT
Said they were going to use it to track bears and floods.

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/state-buys-m-chopper-to-help-monitor-wildlife-flooding/article_97fef0d6-5385-11ea-a553-1f2a4a67ad38.html
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope the possums stay safe.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 11:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
We need to watch what they are doing in the Jeff City this year about the MDC.  There was an article that said they had over $100 million sitting in the bank.  One Rep wanted to split that into 1/3rds....using 1/3rd for "rape kits" to help get them all tested.  1/3rd for "Veterans issues"...whatever that is and then MDC gets to keep the rest.

Plus this article about cutting out the tax we have paid since the 1970's.  https://www.kansascity.com/sports/outdoors/article4899633.html

The Missouri Department of Conservation will enter the new year facing a potential funding crisis.

The agency, one of the best-supported conservation departments in the nation thanks to a dedicated sales tax and the sale of permits, is dealing with two legislative measures that would have far-reaching effects on its budget and could drastically affect the way it manages Missouri’s fish, wildlife and forests.

A bill pre-filed in the Missouri House calls on voters to decide whether to eliminate the conservation sales tax, which provides the Department of Conservation with almost $100 million annually.

Another bill pre-filed in the Missouri Senate takes a different tack, calling for the elimination of the sale of fishing, hunting and other permits to Missouri residents because they are already paying their way through the conservation sales tax.

With the legislative session set to open in early January, the Department of Conservation is concerned about the threat these bills pose to its annual budget of about $190 million.

“We’re definitely viewing this as a serious threat,” said Aaron Jeffries, assistant director of the agency. “These bills have the potential to eliminate a large percentage of our funding.

“It would certainly change the way we do things. Every program we have would be affected.”

This isn’t the first time the Department of Conservation’s rich budget has been challenged in the Missouri Legislature. In fact, Jeffries said, there is some type of bill introduced almost every year that would siphon money from the agency’s budget. Those measures have all failed.

But the last legislative session indicated that the tide may be changing. The legislature went against the Department of Conservation when it passed bills that would reclassify captive deer as livestock, not wildlife, and put their sole management under the Department of Agriculture. It took a veto by Gov. Jay Nixon for that measure to be defeated.

Now, there are new concerns.

One of the bills isn’t as ominous as it sounds, according to sponsors. State Rep. Craig Redmon, a Republican from Canton, who introduced the House bill, said it wasn’t his intent to shred the Department of Conservation’s funding. Rather, the legislation was filed as a way to make the agency more accountable.

“I don’t think this should be viewed as a slap in the face to the Conservation Department,” Redmon said. “Personally, I think they are doing a good job. They get audits, and they get good reports.

“But I don’t think anything should be open-ended like the conservation sales tax is. There needs to be a sunset or a regular review.

“Government needs to have checks and balances.”

Redmon said the wording on the bill was a bit harsher than he had intended, saying he was “in a hurry” in pre-filing the legislation. “But it’s my experience that few of these bills are passed as originally written,” he said.

Still, Department of Conservation officials are concerned that the bill, as written, poses a big threat.

They are opposed to a review or sunset, saying Missouri residents voted to institute the tax in 1976 and there is no need to change it. They point to a recently released survey that shows they still have overwhelming support from Missourians.

The survey, conducted in 2013 by the University of Missouri, indicated that almost two-thirds of residents polled rated the Department of Conservation’s job performance as “excellent” or “good.”

Three-quarters of those surveyed agreed that “the Department of Conservation is a name I can trust.”

The agency’s funding definitely makes it one of the rich kids on the block. In contrast, the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism has operated with a budget of less than half of Missouri’s in recent years.

But Kansas is reliant on state funding, license sales and federal grants. The Department of Conservation gets no general funding, but has its conservation sales tax to provide the majority of its funding.

Though the Department of Conservation has critics, many say it is putting its funding to good use. It is recognized as one of the nation’s leaders in fish and wildlife management programs. It sets the pace for the recruitment and retention of hunters, non-game programs, and fishing management.

Redmon sees a different side, though.

“The people in urban areas generally have expressed that they don’t want the conservation sales tax changed,” he said. “But I’ve heard negative comments from people in rural areas.

“There definitely has been some support for the bill.”

State Sen. Brian Munzlinger, a Republican from Williamstown, who pre-filed the senate bill that would eliminate Missouri residents from being charged for fishing, hunting and other permits, also sees need for change. He said it is unfair that Missourians have to pay both the conservation sales tax and the fees for resident permits.

Though he was unavailable for comment, he recently told MissouriNet.com, “You would still have out-of-state residents that would have to pay, but it would allow Missouri residents to not have to pay twice for what they’ve already paid for.”

Department of Conservation officials argue that Missouri’s resident hunting and fishing license fees are among the most reasonable in the region, and they’ve received few complains about their cost.

If the agency’s funding were slashed, they say, it could result in the closure of fish hatcheries, shooting ranges and nature centers, a significant reduction in fish stockings, a cutback of fish and wildlife research projects and many other cost-reducing moves.

“The Department of Conservation is an economic engine for Missouri,” Jeffries said. “If we lost a lot of our funding, it would affect more than just the department.

“It would have far-reaching effects.”

To reach outdoors editor Brent Frazee, call 816-234-4319 or send email to [email protected].
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need to watch what they are doing in the Jeff City this year about the MDC.  There was an article that said they had over $100 million sitting in the bank.  One Rep wanted to split that into 1/3rds....using 1/3rd for "rape kits" to help get them all tested.  1/3rd for "Veterans issues"...whatever that is and then MDC gets to keep the rest.

Plus this article about cutting out the tax we have paid since the 1970's.  https://www.kansascity.com/sports/outdoors/article4899633.html

The Missouri Department of Conservation will enter the new year facing a potential funding crisis.

The agency, one of the best-supported conservation departments in the nation thanks to a dedicated sales tax and the sale of permits, is dealing with two legislative measures that would have far-reaching effects on its budget and could drastically affect the way it manages Missouri’s fish, wildlife and forests.

A bill pre-filed in the Missouri House calls on voters to decide whether to eliminate the conservation sales tax, which provides the Department of Conservation with almost $100 million annually.

Another bill pre-filed in the Missouri Senate takes a different tack, calling for the elimination of the sale of fishing, hunting and other permits to Missouri residents because they are already paying their way through the conservation sales tax.

With the legislative session set to open in early January, the Department of Conservation is concerned about the threat these bills pose to its annual budget of about $190 million.

“We’re definitely viewing this as a serious threat,” said Aaron Jeffries, assistant director of the agency. “These bills have the potential to eliminate a large percentage of our funding.

“It would certainly change the way we do things. Every program we have would be affected.”

This isn’t the first time the Department of Conservation’s rich budget has been challenged in the Missouri Legislature. In fact, Jeffries said, there is some type of bill introduced almost every year that would siphon money from the agency’s budget. Those measures have all failed.

But the last legislative session indicated that the tide may be changing. The legislature went against the Department of Conservation when it passed bills that would reclassify captive deer as livestock, not wildlife, and put their sole management under the Department of Agriculture. It took a veto by Gov. Jay Nixon for that measure to be defeated.

Now, there are new concerns.

One of the bills isn’t as ominous as it sounds, according to sponsors. State Rep. Craig Redmon, a Republican from Canton, who introduced the House bill, said it wasn’t his intent to shred the Department of Conservation’s funding. Rather, the legislation was filed as a way to make the agency more accountable.

“I don’t think this should be viewed as a slap in the face to the Conservation Department,” Redmon said. “Personally, I think they are doing a good job. They get audits, and they get good reports.

“But I don’t think anything should be open-ended like the conservation sales tax is. There needs to be a sunset or a regular review.

“Government needs to have checks and balances.”

Redmon said the wording on the bill was a bit harsher than he had intended, saying he was “in a hurry” in pre-filing the legislation. “But it’s my experience that few of these bills are passed as originally written,” he said.

Still, Department of Conservation officials are concerned that the bill, as written, poses a big threat.

They are opposed to a review or sunset, saying Missouri residents voted to institute the tax in 1976 and there is no need to change it. They point to a recently released survey that shows they still have overwhelming support from Missourians.

The survey, conducted in 2013 by the University of Missouri, indicated that almost two-thirds of residents polled rated the Department of Conservation’s job performance as “excellent” or “good.”

Three-quarters of those surveyed agreed that “the Department of Conservation is a name I can trust.”

The agency’s funding definitely makes it one of the rich kids on the block. In contrast, the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism has operated with a budget of less than half of Missouri’s in recent years.

But Kansas is reliant on state funding, license sales and federal grants. The Department of Conservation gets no general funding, but has its conservation sales tax to provide the majority of its funding.

Though the Department of Conservation has critics, many say it is putting its funding to good use. It is recognized as one of the nation’s leaders in fish and wildlife management programs. It sets the pace for the recruitment and retention of hunters, non-game programs, and fishing management.

Redmon sees a different side, though.

“The people in urban areas generally have expressed that they don’t want the conservation sales tax changed,” he said. “But I’ve heard negative comments from people in rural areas.

“There definitely has been some support for the bill.”

State Sen. Brian Munzlinger, a Republican from Williamstown, who pre-filed the senate bill that would eliminate Missouri residents from being charged for fishing, hunting and other permits, also sees need for change. He said it is unfair that Missourians have to pay both the conservation sales tax and the fees for resident permits.

Though he was unavailable for comment, he recently told MissouriNet.com, “You would still have out-of-state residents that would have to pay, but it would allow Missouri residents to not have to pay twice for what they’ve already paid for.”

Department of Conservation officials argue that Missouri’s resident hunting and fishing license fees are among the most reasonable in the region, and they’ve received few complains about their cost.

If the agency’s funding were slashed, they say, it could result in the closure of fish hatcheries, shooting ranges and nature centers, a significant reduction in fish stockings, a cutback of fish and wildlife research projects and many other cost-reducing moves.

“The Department of Conservation is an economic engine for Missouri,” Jeffries said. “If we lost a lot of our funding, it would affect more than just the department.

“It would have far-reaching effects.”

To reach outdoors editor Brent Frazee, call 816-234-4319 or send email to [email protected].
View Quote
Good. The MDC is out of control.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
2014 article. There may still be similar bills this year, tho. (I haven't checked.)
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2014 article. There may still be similar bills this year, tho. (I haven't checked.)
View Quote
Ya, fuck..sorry about that...I did a search on 100 million MDC to see if I could find that article I was talking about and that one popped up...I didn't check the date on it.  But I think it was the Rep from Ironton County that was wanting to split their account up and then have a new constitutional amendment passed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:37:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Dear MDC, nobody cares about your dove hunting field conservation. Start flooding some stuff for duck hunting like Arkansas.

I have never had a positive experience with MDC ever. And when you duck hunt in areas surrounding a "waterfowl refuge" you run into them more than you like to. I had one interrogate me because he thought red clay mud smeared on the front of my boat was blood. wtf.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Ask the MDC to build a firing range in our county. Their answer was they didn't have the money for land acquisition. But they have $3.6 million to piss off on a helicopter that they won't use for the famous aerial hog eradication.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ask the MDC to build a firing range in our county. Their answer was they didn't have the money for land acquisition. But they have $3.6 million to piss off on a helicopter that they won't use for the famous aerial hog eradication.
View Quote
Jay Henges range has been down at least two years now.....I realize they have a lawsuit or warranty claim with the bullet trap manufacturer/installer, but just pay to fix it and then get the money back!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The reality is there is no accountability.

Not just with MDC... but with gov't, at any level.

Not with the employees within gov't [although I've found many exceptions to this observation: refreshingly people who want to do right and give a good effort for their wages in gov't].  I interact with all levels of gov't every day: Federal, State and local.

Our founding fathers knew the problem and reluctantly decided rebellion and possible death was better than putting up with it.

MDC isn't going to change on its own.

The majority of gov't employees only don't want to be fired, want their benefits and pension and want to be left alone.

They also know they can hide behind the bureaucracy.

It is a shame.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The reality is there is no accountability.

Not just with MDC... but with gov't, at any level.

Not with the employees within gov't [although I've found many exceptions to this observation: refreshingly people who want to do right and give a good effort for their wages in gov't].  I interact with all levels of gov't every day: Federal, State and local.

Our founding fathers knew the problem and reluctantly decided rebellion and possible death was better than putting up with it.

MDC isn't going to change on its own.

The majority of gov't employees only don't want to be fired, want their benefits and pension and want to be left alone.

They also know they can hide behind the bureaucracy.

It is a shame.
View Quote
You are absolutely correct!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jay Henges range has been down at least two years now.....I realize they have a lawsuit or warranty claim with the bullet trap manufacturer/installer, but just pay to fix it and then get the money back!
View Quote
That project has started.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Online says those bitches are 2.4 million.  I realize there are upgrade options but how is my tax and permit money being spent?  Did the get a service contract with that ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't see the problem. Do you think it is easy to piss away 200 million dollars a year. Sure they have to have an extra million for the high performance chopper but heck their trade in copper is worth $500,000 so the actual cost is a paltry 3.1 million. Heck that will not even burn the interest on their 100,000,000 savings account. You really think they have a couple 100 thousand dollars to repair or build new ranges? I mean look at all we are getting for our tax dollars. Look really hard cause I sure don't see it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I think the MDC has lost their way since the sales tax was voted in by catering to the butterfly people and other special interest groups. Not the agency that it once was anyway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:00:37 PM EDT
[#16]
again....

no accountability.

simple.

sad.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
again....

no accountability.

simple.

sad.
View Quote
Exactly...how many times have we seen the 'good old boys' die off only to find that through our tax dollars we have enriched yet another government foe.
When MDOC gets totally controlled by the 'government university grads of the new millennium'...you can kiss your hunting and fishing grounds and rights goodbye. Voted to give away hard earned money to a government agency? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't see the problem. Do you think it is easy to piss away 200 million dollars a year. Sure they have to have an extra million for the high performance chopper but heck their trade in copper is worth $500,000 so the actual cost is a paltry 3.1 million. Heck that will not even burn the interest on their 100,000,000 savings account. You really think they have a couple 100 thousand dollars to repair or build new ranges? I mean look at all we are getting for our tax dollars. Look really hard cause I sure don't see it.
View Quote
See my above reply about Henges.  Also Perry Range was recently relocated and rebuilt going from 3 open lanes to 9 covered lanes, so cool your jets when you don't know what you are talking about.  Also, for people bitching about not enough ranges, did you know that thanks to the MDC Missouri has more free open to the public designated shooting ranges than any other state and almost as many free open to the public designated state run shooting ranges as all the other states combined?  That comes from the 1/8 sales tax.

There is a huge liability when it comes to ranges and just a few months ago the state shooting range coordinator, another engineer and myself (also an engineer) went to every single range in the state to proactively look at them to be able to address any issues that any range may have before any anti gun people can get them shut down.  That project came from the very top, our director doesn't want any ranges shut down, but she also wants them to be safe.  Hell, we have had to face up to a state legislator in St. Louis because one of his constituents said the Busch Range was causing too much noise in her neighborhood.  We fought that particular battle for months before we finally won out.

It takes time to do projects, and the reason why it takes time is because we have to follow the state statutes that YOU insist are in place to make sure we aren't wasting money.

Sorry for bitching, but it gets real tiresome being accused of wasting time and money by people when we are following the process that the very same people insist that we use to make sure we aren't wasting time and money.

I have a boat ramp project, A BOAT RAMP, that has been designed for 8 years and we are still waiting on getting approval from the USACE. Meanwhile the local users are beating down our door asking why the ramp hasn't been built.  R-E-G-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S, and not our regulations-we have to follow state and federal regulations.

As far as the helicopter, I don't know.  I have never been in or near it or even seen it so I can't speak to that, but I did speak with the guy who is responsible for buying equipment yesterday after I saw this thread and he showed me how for the last three years we have been buying less heavy equipment to help cover the cost of the helicopter.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hell, we have had to face up to a state legislator in St. Louis because one of his constituents said the Busch Range was causing too much noise in her neighborhood.  We fought that particular battle for months before we finally won out.
View Quote
That's almost comical. There is plenty of hills in-between the range and the river to absorb the sound. I know because I use to hike all over Busch Wildlife and Weldon Springs Wildlife areas as a teenager.

Talking about range improvements. It would be nice if something could be done at the Wellsville Conservation Area range so that it isn't such a swamp after every rain. And also see about moving the far target stop to 100 yards versus the 81-82 yards that it is now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's almost comical. There is plenty of hills in-between the range and the river to absorb the sound. I know because I use to hike all over Busch Wildlife and Weldon Springs Wildlife areas as a teenager.

Talking about range improvements. It would be nice if something could be done at the Wellsville Conservation Area range so that it isn't such a swamp after every rain. And also see about moving the far target stop to 100 yards versus the 81-82 yards that it is now.
View Quote
The range assessments have it about the middle of the pack.  The assessments were done with safety and environmental issues in mind to keep antis from trying to close them.  Keep in mind that these projects for the most part won't happen overnight, due to the statutes that we have to follow we have to bid out these projects mostly because we got rid of a lot of our in house construction crews because "it's better to contract it out"-our guys did it faster and cheaper and weren't always looking for change orders to squeeze more money from the state..
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:09:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The range assessments have it about the middle of the pack.  The assessments were done with safety and environmental issues in mind to keep antis from trying to close them.  Keep in mind that these projects for the most part won't happen overnight, due to the statutes that we have to follow we have to bid out these projects mostly because we got rid of a lot of our in house construction crews because "it's better to contract it out"-our guys did it faster and cheaper and weren't always looking for change orders to squeeze more money from the state..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overall I am happy with the Wellsville Conservation range, other than the two things I listed all ready. It is a nice little range that is usually clean. The big plus is that it is only 3 miles from the house. I go during the week so don't have to worry about dealing with crowds.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#22]
@thorshammerblow

Do you think the MDC has too much money ?

Do you think the MDC.gov funding needs to be revisited ?

Do you think the MDC should have more accountability ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@thorshammerblow

View Quote
1. The reason they have a surplus right now dates back to HB19 a couple of years ago when the legislature didn't approve our construction expenditures.  Because of that we had a HUGE backlog of projects that is just now starting to clear out.  Also, do you want the money to go to the legislature for other non outdoor stuff-like urban housing or more people at DNR?

2. You are right we are one of the best funded conservation departments in the country, but have you ever lived in another state?  I have, I have lived in OK, TX, and LA and to find a free shooting range was always easily an hour or more drive.  Also why do you think our tags and permit prices are so low?  Not to mention access to free boat ramps, nature centers, private landowner assistance, etc..  If you want all of that to go away then by all means get rid of the crushing 1/8 of $0.01 sales tax or even better give it to the legislature to build basketball courts.

3. The commissioners are appointed by the governor every few years and approved by the legislature.  Just a couple of years ago the legislature didn't approve an appointee.  Considering the contrary nature and gamesmanship of the legislature do you really want the MDC to be directly controlled by it?  I don't.  And I didn't before I came to work here.  I lived here for years before I came to work here, and I loved the idea of the MDC not being directly controlled by the legislature-again from my experience in other states.

I know that people think that the MDC is full of bed wetting liberals, but that is not the case (there are some, but much less than in other gov and private businesses).  And almost all of the people who work here don't do it for the pay check (I can personally make much more working in the private sector), they do it because they enjoy fishing, hunting, and the outdoors and want it to be great for everyone in Missouri.

Repeal the tax, it really isn't much skin of my back job wise, I am close to retirement, but I would sure hate to see all the good things we do go away (wetlands for hunting, boat accesses, shooting ranges, nature centers, forestry assistance, landowner assistance, less hunter ed classes, sell off of conservation areas, etc.)
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

1. The reason they have a surplus right now dates back to HB19 a couple of years ago when the legislature didn't approve our construction expenditures.  Because of that we had a HUGE backlog of projects that is just now starting to clear out.  Also, do you want the money to go to the legislature for other non outdoor stuff-like urban housing or more people at DNR?

2. You are right we are one of the best funded conservation departments in the country, but have you ever lived in another state?  I have, I have lived in OK, TX, and LA and to find a free shooting range was always easily an hour or more drive.  Also why do you think our tags and permit prices are so low?  Not to mention access to free boat ramps, nature centers, private landowner assistance, etc..  If you want all of that to go away then by all means get rid of the crushing 1/8 of $0.01 sales tax or even better give it to the legislature to build basketball courts.

3. The commissioners are appointed by the governor every few years and approved by the legislature.  Just a couple of years ago the legislature didn't approve an appointee.  Considering the contrary nature and gamesmanship of the legislature do you really want the MDC to be directly controlled by it?  I don't.  And I didn't before I came to work here.  I lived here for years before I came to work here, and I loved the idea of the MDC not being directly controlled by the legislature-again from my experience in other states.

I know that people think that the MDC is full of bed wetting liberals, but that is not the case (there are some, but much less than in other gov and private businesses).  And almost all of the people who work here don't do it for the pay check (I can personally make much more working in the private sector), they do it because they enjoy fishing, hunting, and the outdoors and want it to be great for everyone in Missouri.

Repeal the tax, it really isn't much skin of my back job wise, I am close to retirement, but I would sure hate to see all the good things we do go away (wetlands for hunting, boat accesses, shooting ranges, nature centers, forestry assistance, landowner assistance, less hunter ed classes, sell off of conservation areas, etc.)
View Quote
All good points! It's great to hear your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to educate us who have no idea of the inner workings. I have shot at two gun ranges that were installed at a MDOC area. They have both been excellent places to shoot. As a transplant from Ill-noise 6 months ago I can attest to the quality of Missouri compared to Ill-noise. At all the Ill-noise state parks and such that we have camped and fished there were zero (0) gun ranges and the condition of the fishing and upkeep are much, much lower than Missouri. The exception is the Jim Edgar/Site M area which seems to get the brunt of Ill-noise money. The Ill-noise Dept. of Conservation can and does on a regular basis, have their budget raided to be used in the Ill-noise general fund. This is one reason my wife and I always got Missouri Non-resident fishing licenses and fished mainly in Missouri. We are glad to be residents in Missouri...period!
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]
First.  I LOVE living in Missouri for MANY reasons, but at the very top is the ability to hunt and fish here in relative 'freedom'.

Bolded: How about you give the money back to those who employ you ?  You remember?  The People.

Italicized:  Why do you feel the need to 'fear monger' ?  Why the underlying threat of 'if you bitch about ANYTHING we do, we will make your life hell' before we give up our power' ?

Bolded and Italicized:  Why do you want us to think this all has to be controlled by anyone other than The People ?

Reading your post tells me you are NOT for lesser .Gov and now that you've got yours ( practically a lifetime of income and guaranteed retirement package paid for by The People ), you don't really care what happens next.

You know, just ONCE I'd like to hear someone who works for .Gov to admit that they ARE part of the problem.  Every single time I ask these pointed questions, it's the same fucking responses and it doesn't matter if it's the 'Top Men' or 'Rank-N-File' moving their lips or responding to email.

To the others reading this :

The People of the Private Sector could easily get shit done in much more efficient ways.

Wouldn't it be nice if our .Gov would manage the money they forcibly take from us in the same manor as the majority of The People do everyday within our own households?

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone the majority of those working in the .Gov would have the honor and dignity to blow the whistle on those they see fucking over The People ?

Instead, we get damn near every .Gov employee attempting to tell The People "How DARE you make us justify what we're doing with YOUR money !!!"
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@thorshammerblow

Link Posted: 3/1/2020 6:21:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
3. The commissioners are appointed by the governor every few years and approved by the legislature.
View Quote
I think most people who hunt/fish/trap would prefer that be put to a vote, rather than being an appointed position. I know that's another big reg change and all that, but it would give everyone a direct say in who is in charge.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I am fairly happy with MDC, we really do have it pretty good. Fish cops are a pain in the ass though but that seems to be everywhere not just in MO.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm also relatively happy with the MDC, but that doesn't mean they can continue to fleece the people of their money.

They invent reasons to spend it or pass it around to other .Gov's instead of cutting their budget to what is really needed and lowering the taxes they will forcibly take from The People if we don't pay up.

It is the nature of our .Gov though, but wouldn't it be nice if they would have enough people in the Public sector who would do what's right by The People ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a saying that applies to to the gov and to most of the service industry. "Its real easy to spend other peoples momey"
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have a saying that applies to to the gov and to most of the service industry. "Its real easy to spend other peoples momey"
View Quote
Especially when you run out, you can take it by force.

‘Legally’
Top Top