Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2018 9:14:34 PM EDT
Has there ever been a group shoot for the MA members?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve never heard of one for MA. Would be cool if we had one.

Who should host it?
Club or private land?
NFA accepted?
Will there be pie?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not even sure how one would go about setting up a shoot. Nor do i having any experience or contacts that would help.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]
There's only a handful of us that check the HTF and it seems like we're a bit scattered. Logistically it'd be a pain to try to organize. OP if you want it to happen take the initiative but it might not be worth the effort.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
NortheastShooters.com used to hold numerous MA shoots for (paid) members. When we realized that nobody without a MA LTC (resident or not) could bring handguns or large-capacity long guns into MA legally (there is a law that is regularly mis-interpreted, but can get you 5-10 yrs in jail) all those shoots moved to NH. Now that Monadnock R&G is shut down by the town/lawsuit, there isn't even a venue for the NES shoots anymore.

If it was restricted to MA residents with LTC, it might be possible in MA, but many clubs don't want to host them for various reasons (there have been some bad actors at the prior shoots I mentioned above).
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#6]
As someone who has been here on ARfcom really since 1998 (eList first and then this forum), there has never been a MA shoot for ARfcom. Even get-togethers . . . when we were New England HTF before the split-off, there was one in Providence, RI and one in Foxboro, MA, that's it. I think that I was the only MA resident at the Foxboro one in fact and I didn't go to the RI one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Some clubs permit guests with various restrictions, if any. I hold a MA non-resident LTC and would welcome an opportunity to grab lunch and shoot with some MA arfcommers sometime in the northeast portion of the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top