Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2024 6:49:54 AM EDT
What’s the over/under for it being canceled again. I see parking passes are $40 and no refunds for canceled shows
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 11:13:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freeride21a] [#1]
I was gonna go, but that $40 parking thing made it a nope.. online only too.  It's gonna be chaos there with half the folks not getting that memo or even knowing it's needed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
I was gonna go, but that $40 parking thing made it a nope.. online only too.  It's gonna be chaos there with half the folks not getting that memo or even knowing it's needed.
View Quote

I'm sure they'll take cards too. But if it's anything like waiting with a car in front of you at the drive through ATM, you'd swear they're programming the values for a rocket launch to Mars.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

I'm sure they'll take cards too. But if it's anything like waiting with a car in front of you at the drive through ATM, you'd swear they're programming the values for a rocket launch to Mars.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Not according to the air show website, I mean you can pull your phone out and do it online, assuming they did not sell out already.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that for on base parking?
In years past there has been free parking in dirt lots immediately E of the base on Glendale Ave, school buses used as shuttles with free parking in empty fields a few miles N of the base off of Litchfield Rd, etc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder if i can park offsite and bike in? Lock my bike to a random fence off base maybe?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I should be able to watch it from my backyard
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: freeride21a] [#7]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:
View Quote

Soooo BBQ and Airshow in Seadra's back yard?!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Soooo BBQ and Airshow in Seandra's back yard?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:

Soooo BBQ and Airshow in Seandra's back yard?!

See you there!
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:05:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: keiswa] [#9]
Though I live about two miles from the north side of the base, I've been to a half dozen or more airshows at the base.  Now, I'm tired of the crowds, the (former) off base parking, and standing around between acts.  Here is a view of the show from my back yard, the last time the BAs were here, taken at 400mm.  This is where I will be this year.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By keiswa:
Though I live about two miles from the north side of the base, I've been to a half dozen or more airshows at the base.  Now, I'm tired of the crowds, the (former) off base parking, and standing around between acts.  Here is a view of the show from my back yard, the last time the BAs were here, taken at 400mm.  This is where I will be this year.

https://photos.smugmug.com/For-Embedding/i-7SwL3Z5/3/CVrrZvS8DNbBrHFhDhbNbgKwcwK2xM2KBdk4ctQn2/XL/7DII6482-Edit-XL.jpg
View Quote

Nice!
I've been going to Luke Days since the '70's, but I'm done with the crowds, parking, etc too. I was able to grab a few BA shots from the guardrail during their Friday flight last time they were in town.
BBQ at your place this yr?!?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
We are thinking about going

Might wait on the parking pass, wifes car has a handycap plate, that usely gets us exempt from the fees

What day is better, SAT or SUN?
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:04:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Screw the crowds, I'm going Friday...
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:33:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a solo T-bird or two over the house this afternoon, as well as a C-17.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Will Sunday be the better day to go?

Going to get the parking passes bought online tonight.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Also, what's the inside scoop on why it was canceled in the past?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 3:32:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: azjeeper] [#17]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
How was the traffic in?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By IchWarrior:
How was the traffic in?
View Quote

These were taken yesterday from just outside the base.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I decided against going.

Too much of hassle getting out there for the shitshow amount of people
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DMG-LDS] [#21]
Originally Posted By mojeb21:
I decided against going.

Too much of hassle getting out there for the shitshow amount of people
View Quote

Same here

Took the RZR out yesterday and broke a rim, destroyed a tire and bent a Trailing arm

Maybe Luke days would been a better choice?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought it was a good show.

Lots nice static displays and the F35 demo was cool.  We haven't seen the Thunderbirds for a while, I thought they put on a good show also.

The parking was stupid when they gave a pin drop for the designated parking area but then closed every road Google Maps or Waze tried to send you on to get there.  

Once we found the parking lot, they did a good job of getting people on the base and off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I was a little irritated that all of the web pages with parking info said you had to have a parking permit ($40) to get into the show.  It was a straight up lie.

Since I'm old and retired, I just flashed my retired ID, parked at the PX and walked to the flight line.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
I was a little irritated that all of the web pages with parking info said you had to have a parking permit ($40) to get into the show.  It was a straight up lie.

Since I'm old and retired, I just flashed my retired ID, parked at the PX and walked to the flight line.
View Quote

Handicap parking was free… thats why. It was listed online
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top