Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 12:51:07 PM EDT
Anyone know of a shop in the Everett to Seattle or Port Townsend to Gig Harbor area that has stripped lowers in stock?
My polymer lower cracked, so I need to replace it with an aluminum one. For $20 the polymer lasted quite a while.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that. I can't be of much help as I'm almost never in gun stores these days, however around October or so, there were some lowers for sale at Outdoor Emporium... I think there were two in the case. They were built though. Anyhow, you may try looking there? Less folks interested in buying them tend to be there from what I can tell, but you never know. It's kind of a good luck thing to see if there are any.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Rainier arms has them in stock or you can order one and have one shipped to your dealer.
ID just head to Rainier.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Was in Rainier Arms last week and they had several types in stock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
bullyseye in tacoma usually does
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw some in West Coast Armory in Everett recently.  Whatever you choose to do, call first, because that stuff flies off the shelf and you wouldn't want to be chasing ghosts all day.  

For what it's worth, you might be just as well off to order one from DSG, Brownells, AIM, etc. and have it shipped to whatever FFL is easiest for you.  As much as I prefer to support the local gun stores, the stores I've been into lately that have anything on the shelf are generally marking them up, into billet territory or they're passing off oddball stuff I wouldn't really buy anyway.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I the only nerd one that wants to know how the polymer lower broke?.. Where was the stress point?, What got wore out? yada yada yada.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I know the old Plum Crazy lowers often failed at the rear, taking the receiver extension with them. I was fairly impressed when talking to the guy who bought the rights a few years ago. He did some redesigning to obviate the previous weakness. I may be wrong, but I believe these are the poly lowers marketed by NFA in North Las Vegas.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll try to take some pictures tonight or tomorrow. It had about 600 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the old Plum Crazy lowers often failed at the rear, taking the receiver extension with them. I was fairly impressed when talking to the guy who bought the rights a few years ago. He did some redesigning to obviate the previous weakness. I may be wrong, but I believe these are the poly lowers marketed by NFA in North Las Vegas.
View Quote

As an enginerd, I'm really curious now.. .I've always wondered if the failure in a polymer lower would come from near receiver extension.

Did (receiver ext.) threads shear off or the whole back-castle just break break off?  Forthcoming pics probably answer that, huh.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll try to take some pictures tonight or tomorrow. It had about 600 rounds through it.
View Quote

600rnds ain't that much!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I had intended it to be a 22lr lower, but plans changed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As an enginerd, I'm really curious now.. .I've always wondered if the failure in a polymer lower would come from near receiver extension.

Did (receiver ext.) threads shear off or the whole back-castle just break break off?  Forthcoming pics probably answer that, huh.
View Quote
The unfront fell off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Was just at Outdoor Emporium in Seattle this afternoon. They have Anderson stripped lowers. Price was just under $60, members get 5% discount off that price.

BTW, they have increased their fee for transfers- $75 for the first one for non-members, $50 for members, + $10 each additional firearm. Membership is $25/year.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

BTW, they have increased their fee for transfers- $75 for the first one for non-members, $50 for members, + $10 each additional firearm. Membership is $25/year.
View Quote

Fuck that noise. Is that the same with Sportco?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don’t know. Here’s a link to the website: Sportco - FFL firearm transfers
At this time the website still shows $50, but doesn’t go into much detail, and says to call. Fifty dollars used to be the fee for non-members, and members got $10 off of that.

ETA: their price for the Anderson stripped lowers does seem pretty good, considering the present market conditions.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's gotta be as they are essentially the same store. I think they just never changed the name at Outdoor Emporium because it costs money to change the sign, lol. There is a possibility that there may be some additional Seattle specific tax that is being covered by doing the transfer within the Seattle city limits. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
So it's a small crack, doesn't go all the way through. The anti rotation pins aren't overly tightened, but there is discoloration and that crack splitting off from it.
Attachment Attached File

Not a "Critical Failure" by any means, but I'd rather not push it.

Attachment Attached File

Discoloration on the other side too, but not spider webbed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I would bet that the short barrel and gas system have a lot to do with it. Probably a lot more stress and violence in that small system by comparison to a full sized rifle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Get that plastic welding kit on Amazon and put a 22 upper on it.

Or throw it away.

You do have choices.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I plan to dedicate it to .22 lr AND buy a new lower.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
If you don’t mind. What kind of hand guard do you have installed on that?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:17:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If you don’t mind. What kind of hand guard do you have installed on that?
View Quote

This was my super budget build. I got all the upper parts, sans comp and BCG for $120 from Combatarmory.com
The lower was some no name from CA as well. All and all I think I have about $300 into it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder exactly what it's made of and whether or not the oils you're using are weakening the material. Just got to thinking looking at the discoloration at the trigger pins and the crack itself.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone remember how much we paid for the "Team WA" lowers back in the day?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:05:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Does anyone remember how much we paid for the "Team WA" lowers back in the day?
View Quote

$150ea in Feb 2007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top