Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 10:31:22 PM EDT
Who:  Louisville-area members of the American Pioneer Corps organization
What:  6+ mile hike
Where:  Beckley Creek Park (1850 Beckley Creek Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40245)
When: 10:00 AM on 18 April 2020 (Eastern Time Zone)
Why:  To improve mental and physical fitness through group activity

We're going to follow the same route and format from the ruck that we did a month ago at Beckley Creek Park.  For reference, please read this thread.

If you've got any questions, feel free to Instant Message me.  This hike is open to anyone who meets the APC rules for participation, found here.

@Damon_23
@craig24680
@Granzka
@Overkill777
@thezentree
@hoboninja
@Miles_Urbanus
@pmlock1
@LuvBUSHmaster
@BadDog38
@joshiedoom
@221B
@M48flex
@JSG
@tonysoprano150
@galaxie500
@kallnojoy
@Kiju
@Tankdawg0057
@jasonTTKA
@blackrifledan
@johnnypantz
@Jinxters
@boatbuilder
@Vespid_Wasp
@DuCATTi
@7255
@Ressurrected
@One_Slayer
@Axleman94
@compuvette
@CYB29
@Garyindiane
@Fordtough25
@ban-hater
@Sturmgewehr-JD
@ssst

As with all APC events, we will NOT be participating in any partisan political talk or activity while conducting the ruck march.

Look forward to seeing y'all there!

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Count me in.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
In, and  maybe 2. Son and maybe friend (work schedule thing) (18 yr old son).
See you guys there!
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s up in the air whether or not I’m going to get stuck working this Saturday but if I can avoid it I’ll make the drive down from Illinois to hike with you guys.  I’ll call it a 70% chance I’ll make it at this point.  
I was telling my wife my plans to attend this hike last night and she asked “Are you allowed to do that?  Just show up at different Battle Buddy groups’ hikes?”  I laughed and told her the APC isn’t a trade union.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s up in the air whether or not I’m going to get stuck working this Saturday but if I can avoid it I’ll make the drive down from Illinois to hike with you guys.  I’ll call it a 70% chance I’ll make it at this point.  
I was telling my wife my plans to attend this hike last night and she asked “Are you allowed to do that?  Just show up at different Battle Buddy groups’ hikes?”  I laughed and told her the APC isn’t a trade union.
View Quote

...just don’t show up wearing any University of Illinois stuff, and we should be alright.

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

...just don’t show up wearing any University of Illinois stuff, and we should be alright.

View Quote

God no
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Have fun gents!
I'll be framing a pantry and putting drywall up :(
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Have fun gents!
I'll be framing a pantry and putting drywall up :(
View Quote

Same sentiment, I'm pretty sure I'm doing flooring tomorrow. Y'all have fun!
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay. Confirm squad of 3.  See y'all tomorrow!  
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m not working tomorrow so 100% in.  See you guys in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
hey guys we had a good hike, wish we could have seen you all. will post pictures in a day or two.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure how we missed y’all! We hung out until about 10 minutes after the hour before stepping off.

We didn’t run in to any other guys with packs the whole time.

Attachment Attached File

More pictures to follow. Right now, it’s time to grill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Good you guys are still doing these through all the Chinese flu nonsense. Wish I could have been there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good you guys are still doing these through all the Chinese flu nonsense. Wish I could have been there.
View Quote

@Granzka
Sorry you missed it. Was a most excellent time.

If you’re interested, there’s another ruck scheduled for next Saturday, just up the river in Madison IN  
It’d be great to have you.
Same to you @Kiju.

Details here
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Great hike today.  It was worth the drive down from IL.  Wearing a pack over your plate carrier really turns up the suck.  Does not compute.  60# pack = all day long.  35# pack + 15# PC = ugh.
The difference in culture between KY and IL was evident.  We were looking rather militant today in all our body armor, coyote brown, and multicam, bristling with radio antennas.  But  9 out of 10 normies we passed on the trail smiled at us with genuine friendliness.  When we hike in central/northern IL we get stares, glares, and pointed questions that are more like demands for an explanation.  And that's without the PCs on.  I need to get out of Illinois.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I don’t think all those @ mentions that I did in the original post worked.

We need to find a better way at keeping people informed of these things.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey, Gang. Sorry that we didn't catch y'all on Saturday. We were on deck from about 0840 until 1035, when we took off from the Gateway Gardens shack, down the back trail that went down past Snapping Turtle pond, crossed the roadway and had to walk on the road for a few seconds, due to the foot path being under re-work. Turned left at the gate to the down the hill parking area, looked that 2 waterfalls on the left, over the edge of the road, and then followed the concrete "Interstate" back up to the shack. Nice area, as you can almost forget that you were in town.  Look forward to doing it again, hopefully, with more people involved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I finally got back to the computer after enjoying taking almost a full week off out at the farm. Here's some of the pictures that I took on last Saturdays hike over in Loserville-
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top