Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2018 6:01:10 PM EDT
- and also many hippies

Seriously - I've been here a week (close to Acadia NP), and have seen numerous guys open-carrying.

Saw 3 guys in Walmart alone.

Noticed a long-haired dude in the supermarket with what looked like an old Webly revolver.

Stopped at a gas station not far from Bar Harbor, and noticed a guy in camos and a crew-cut, with a really old single stack (maybe a 1911?).

he paid and jumped into a pickup painted like a WWII fighter plane.  A German fighter plane.

The local people I've spoken with have been awesome; much friendlier than all the typical D.C. type-A a-holes I'm used to.  Lots of pretty girls up here too (except I didn't notice any of them.  because I'm married.).

And definitely enjoyed the Geaghan Bros. beer.  Nice state you have here!
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive lived here several years and can only recall on one hand times I have seen people OC.

Now, of course, you are in Maine and technically I am still in Massholechussets so that might have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

"And definitely enjoyed the Geaghan Bros. beer"

Me, too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/439415/My_Bastard-646840.JPG

"And definitely enjoyed the Geaghan Bros. beer"

Me, too!
View Quote
@Brownie65

Never too soon for Caturday!

That's a fine looking cat you have  (Seems content too).  My cat also took a liking to the Geaghan Bros. I brought back:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]
It may be that more guys are exercising their Constitutional Carry rights as afforded by your wonderful state.  You must open carry unless you get a permit and then can conceal carry.  Am I right?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It may be that more guys are exercising their Constitutional Carry rights as afforded by your wonderful state.  You must open carry unless you get a permit and then can conceal carry.  Am I right?
View Quote
Incorrect.  We can CC without a permit now.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thx.  I thought so but wasn't sure.  I have my Maine Non-resident permit that I'm going to allow to lapse. We're moving up there within the next 6 months, too!  Hooray for me.

Rome
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Rome for the $35 I would renew your CCW.  Without it you must declare to LE that you have a gun on you when you have an encounter and you still can't carry in National Parks under constitutional carry.  Probably a couple other things too.  Worth the $9 or so per year for the CCW in my non expert opinion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
You are correct.  However, in my own case, I'm confident that I'll be breathing the free air in Maine as a new resident by the time my current non-res permit expires!

I'm actually heading up there next week to meet a buddy in Limerick and then head to Boothbay Harbor for this year's "Clawdown" on Thursday and then we'll be camping on the coast at Freeport to break in our new tent-camping rig.  In between my wife and I will be meeting with some realtors and checking out some of the homes for sale between Wiscasset and Brunswick.  I can not wait for the day that we'll be making that trip North for the last timer as tourists!

Rome
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Even as a resident of Maine there are limitations to Constitutional Carry that don't exist with a CCW.  I have maintained mine just for these reasons.  Welcome to Maine BTW.  Vote appropriately to keep it gun friendly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even as a resident of Maine there are limitations to Constitutional Carry that don't exist with a CCW.  I have maintained mine just for these reasons.  Welcome to Maine BTW.  Vote appropriately to keep it gun friendly.
View Quote
One of the top reasons we're moving there and not South, believe me.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]
You will love it there.  It is a beautiful state and the folks were friendly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:25:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in western ME about 10 min from the NH border.

I see it pretty frequently out here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top