Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2020 4:37:03 PM EDT
I think I lost my wallet, will I be able to replace my drivers lisense and CCW with all of this Bs going on?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That sucks,  I don’t think so the dmv is closed.  Do you have AAA you can try them
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They are doing mail in renewels for permits so you can try to email or send a letter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are doing mail in renewels for permits so you can try to email or send a letter.
View Quote

May also be a good idea to call SLFU and get some verbal direction, to follow-up on. Their number is 860-685-8290.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it legal to carry if I have been issued a permit but don’t have it on my person?
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, probably not really.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you remember the permit number and best by date?

Would be good if you had a picture of it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By LeadRX:
Is it legal to carry if I have been issued a permit but don’t have it on my person?
View Quote

For some reason I think the fine is under 50$
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have lost mine the state sent me a new one I think.  It was a long time ago
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By LeadRX:
Is it legal to carry if I have been issued a permit but don’t have it on my person?
View Quote

No it is not legal.

Sec. 29-35. Carrying of pistol or revolver without permit prohibited. Exceptions.

(b) The holder of a permit issued pursuant to section 29-28 shall carry such permit upon one's person while carrying such pistol or revolver. Such holder shall present his or her permit upon the request of a law enforcement officer who has reasonable suspicion of a crime for purposes of verification of the validity of the permit or identification of the holder, provided such holder is carrying a pistol or revolver that is observed by such law enforcement officer.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By psegnatelli:

For some reason I think the fine is under 50$
View Quote

The current fine is $35. But the real issue is would the permit be revoked "for cause" by the Commissioner of Emergency Services and Public Protection if charged for not having a permit upon their person.

Sec. 29-37. Penalties.

(c) Any person violating any provision of subsection (b) of section 29-35 shall have committed an infraction and shall be fined thirty-five dollars.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:39:02 PM EDT
[#11]
About six months ago I had lost my wallet. Brought my SSN card, passport and a used DPS form 3 (had my permit number on it) with me to my local barracks, during the appropriate time for permit servicing. The officer printed me a new card on the spot and didn’t charge me a dime.

Then I found my wallet, right where I left it. The bright side is now I have a spare drivers license and permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top