Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2020 9:55:25 PM EDT
Metro hall, (mayor's office, the county clerk's office - her office, marriage licenses, professional licenses, and deeds,)

Has put metal detectors in place.   Access by appointment only.

Best way in is to make an appointment to look up a deed.

Granted several of those had metal detectors already. To me, the combined actions show an exerted effort of oppression greater than before
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
You act like you are surprised about this, somehow...
@softpoint
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't really understand this thread. There has been a metal detector at the entrance to that building for years. Are you saying that there are now multiple machines, one at each separate office? In any case, they don't prohibit guns and know that they can't, or at least that's the way it was the last time I was there. After going through the metal detector, they let me in with my openly carried 1911 but made me leave my knife outside. That's a lot of tax-payers money they have spent if they have added machines. I don't blame them, Mayor Fischer's office is in that building and he is very unpopular right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top