Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:57:22 AM EDT
I bought an antique coal stove and it's missing an internal part.  Fortunately I have an identical match to the missing part but the stove requires two of them so I need another.

The part is roughly 4 x 6 x 1/4 inches.  It will have to be cast out of grey iron or equivalent.

If anyone has a lead on who can/will offer one-off custom casting, please let me know.

Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I bought an antique coal stove and it's missing an internal part.  Fortunately I have an identical match to the missing part but the stove requires two of them so I need another.

The part is roughly 4 x 6 x 1/4 inches.  It will have to be cast out of grey iron or equivalent.

If anyone has a lead on who can/will offer one-off custom casting, please let me know.

Thanks Guys!
View Quote
Dakota Foundry would be my first call.  They do a lot of one offs.  If they won't I can do some asking around and potentially find someone.

How critical is the size?  I assume you are wanting to use the part you have as the pattern?  Iron shrinks at 1/8" per foot so the new part will be ~1/16" smaller than the original.

I work at a foundry but we only pour steel and don't like to make anything less than 600 lbs net weight

ETA:  Also check with these foundries, will be more local.

Bremen Castings
Atlas Foundry Company
Accucast
Indiana Ductile
Akron Foundry
E Rowe Foundry
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Dakota Foundry would be my first call.  They do a lot of one offs.  If they won't I can do some asking around and potentially find someone.

How critical is the size?  I assume you are wanting to use the part you have as the pattern?  Iron shrinks at 1/8" per foot so the new part will be ~1/16" smaller than the original.

I work at a foundry but we only pour steel and don't like to make anything less than 600 lbs net weight

ETA:  Also check with these foundries, will be more local.

Bremen Castings
Atlas Foundry Company
Accucast
Indiana Ductile
Akron Foundry
E Rowe Foundry
View Quote
I contacted a foundry in Wisconsin that does castings of antique stove parts.  They gave me a reasonable quote so I'll probably go with them.

Thanks for all the info.  Much appreciated!
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I contacted a foundry in Wisconsin that does castings of antique stove parts.  They gave me a reasonable quote so I'll probably go with them.

Thanks for all the info.  Much appreciated!
View Quote
No problem!  Glad you found someone who can get it made!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top